Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm... Now being single I dont really do the seperate this from that routine very well. And it seems a shop rag got into a load it shouldnt have. i really dont care much about tube socks... etc. But my 2004 Fest shirt is now a nice pale shade of "pink". Glad I bought two but I really like to keep one as new. So now I have a His and Hers pair. Can I wash my newly colored clothes in bleach or will it destroy the graphics on the shirt. I here more are available and I guess I can give the pink one to my daughter. Hung side by side they look like husband and wife :eek:
Maybe I should find another woman after all, naw... who would put up with me! :jest:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Single dad of two for 10 years and you only have to seperate those new things! After a few washes just load up the washer until it walks across the hall to tell you its done!

Wash everything on cold...saves you money and less issues with shrinking,etc.

Married again and its so complicated when it comes to laundry so I botched the load (tossed my red Sponge Bobs Boxers in) have not been allowed to do the wash since!

Dont claim to be an expert just my 2 cents!

G

·
I never had to do my own laundry when I was in colleg.... I would just go down to the laundry room when there were 3-4 girls in there andd start loading the machine up with everything at once.... ALWAYS had at least one of the girls come over and tell me I couldn't do that and then they woudl go ahead and sort and do my laundry for me..... worked every time!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been single for quite a while now, just not good on the domestic things. Will do the bleach this weekend and see what happens.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Just go ahead and wear the pink shirt. If anybody has a comment to make simply beat the tar out of them. :D

Seroiusly though......... don't use the bleach! Give it to your daughter or wear it around the house.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you wash your 2004 Fest t-shirt and add clorox it will only dull the colors somewhat.My wife "bleaches the HE** out of my shirts and all it does is make the colors look faded.We still have some of the shirts left if you need another...and on SALE.
email me at [email protected] if you need another.Thanks...JIM...ps the bleach will not make the shirt white again!!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
actually use white amonia , it does wonders for things like this , it's good to take out pit stains too . And I really don't want to go into what they do on ships to keep the navy uniforms white .

or bleach the heck out of it and if it fades it will just give it that vintage look

I just never buy white shirts though , they always end up with some kind of mess on them

and just be glad it's not something like your karate uniform , I remeber this one kid in one of my classes came in with a pink gi one night when I was younger because his mom washed it with a red sweater .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.