Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news said it would start at midnight. They got that right. No one really knows but guessing 12 inches with that fun sleet and freezing rain mixed with it. I have vacation time. Just hoping this is the last of it. March is right around the corner!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
We've been lucky out here most we've gotten was maybe 2 inches and aside from that a few light dustings. Looks like our luck is going to run out tomorrow night. Oh well it was nice while it lasted. :freak:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
we even got a little bit this year,it lasted almost through the day .I even had 11 cars stuck in the road in front of my house[on a hill]. They looked so helpless just sitting there spinning . :rolleyes: .If I wasn`t on the way to work I would have pulled them all up the hill.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My big worry is ice and my one little power line that goes through the woods. I'm the only one back here so not really a top priority fix. Plus a 1/4 mile lane that never sees a snowplow. The old Vista has been good about snow so far, surprised me even. A little slow on the choke setting but good to go when warmed up. I have beer and food... bring it on!

·
Registered
547 Posts
You'll be fine looks like you have all the needs you need and its about time someone else sees some snow we have had 14 inches and I'm sick of it. I'm moving south, LOL.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
5-8" With the addtional Lake effect after the storm moves by. School is already closed for today as of 5:17 this AM. Another crappy day in paradise...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
siggy said:
We are supposed to get it here today in Maryland . I hope 2 feet , That would be cool.
We'd be lucky to get 2 inches down here Siggy. Then again we might get our 2 inches in ice tonight. Yippeee!!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
We got a couple inches this morning..still snowing..some ice also..fun, fun. I'm so sick of this weather..it's been snowing at least once every week since Dec 21st...worst winter I've seen in 10 years in Colorado (but not as bad as what I remember about Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois winters...)

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
You said it Bob.. The ice here sucks bad.. Just to add insult to the busted water pipes I had in my garage two days ago. My water bill is going to be double this quarter. :freak:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
We're up to about 12 inches so far and its increasing, about 2 inches per hour now. Winds are about 30mph....and this town doesnt plow!!!!!!!!!!! I was at work at 4 am today to plow abd just got home, I'll be back in at 3am to start cleaning up again.

I LOVE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got lucky, found a small plow driver working up the street... I'm dug out! Best $25 I spent in a while. COME ON SPRING!!!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
have 9 inches of the white stuff and there saying 12 to 16 more tonight! sounds like a day off to me!!!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
It's getting pretty nasty up here around the Cleveland area, but boy do I feel bad for those people in upstate N.Y. & further east. They are getting hammered. Hope everyone makes it through this mess ok. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts