·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
cheers on your b-day

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Rob,
May you stumble upon a fountain of chase cars on the anniversary of your birth! :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE! :hat: :hat: :hat:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Happy Birthday Rob!! Hope you have a great day!!

May you find what you are looking for in the die cast dept! Go shop where Rich has been shopping, he seems to be doing fairly well lately :p

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Happy Birthday! Hope you find a WL.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the well wishes and all. Well, it wasn't a very successful day. No whites, treasure hunts or chase cars. One interesting Maisto item. (pic and story on Maisto board later) Passed on a new JL Corvette ($ 4.77?? ) Passed on a Reel Rides 1:24 Trans Am ($17.00???)
The best part of the day might have been the lasagna dinner waiting for me when I got home. (or the date I had later) Or this little exchange......

So, I'm waiting in the checkout line at a TRU. Had a couple of goodies in hand, which a little boy of about 8 standing behind me was feverishly trying to see. So I showed him, and when I did, you should have seen his eyes light up!
"Dirt track McQueen!! And Cruisin McQueen!! Wow, those are the only two I don't have!!" So we got to talikng about the movie. He said he's seen it a million times, which his mom agreed was probably accurate. And she told me he really did have all the cars, played with them al the time too. He obviously loved the movie. The whole time we're talking, he couldn't take his eyes off the cars in my hand.

So...I paid for the cars, the cashier handed me the bag, I stuck the receipt in the bag....
And handed the bag to the kid. Wished him a Happy Birthday. He said it wasn't his birthday.
"Yeah, but it's mine, and it's better to give than receive"

Man, that kid's smile woulda brightened up the darkest day of the meanest person on Earth. And I was smiling too. Felt pretty damn good, I'll tell ya!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts