Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday past, I pull into a service station to gas up my car; there's an attendant (female) at the pumps. I request the amount and she starts pumping--meanwhile, she's gabbing on her cell phone, oblivious to all else. Well, I tell her in a diplomatic way that she's not supposed to be on the phone while pumping gas--they say that gas fumes and microwave signals from cell phones can cause an explosion. So therefore, she's putting ALL our lives in danger! WELL, she cops an attitude, snatches my money from my hand, and when she returns with my change, drops it (deliberately) on the car seat! I get out and go after her, calling her every name I could think of--and then some! I've never hit a woman in my life, but she could have been the first! Before I get back in the car, I note the station number, and call the Corporate offices. I inform Customer Relations about the problem, giving them the station number, date and time of incident.
Today, I get a call from the manager of that station (who was not there during the time of altercation), He asked me what happened, and I told him. After which he informs me: "OK, well, this individual is no longer working here--she has been terminated." I'm glad about this, but did it take her putting someone's life in danger for this to happen?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I don't believe in the gasoline cell phone explosion connection. I have never heard of an actual story or even someone who was able to cause an explosion in a simulation. Still she was rude and deserved what she got.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Atencio said:
I don't believe in the gasoline cell phone explosion connection. I have never heard of an actual story or even someone who was able to cause an explosion in a simulation. Still she was rude and deserved what she got.
i believe they actually put this theory to rest but she got what she deserved.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sounds like a job for Myth Busters!
Nope, she had no business working there. I dont believe in talking on the phone at work anyway, I'm getting paid to do my job. But I guess that is old history too, work ethics that is.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
pdxwheels said:
I see that New Jersey and Oregon have something in common, we don't pump our own gas.
And I, for one, am very glad that I don't pump my own gas. Every couple of years someone comes out with a push to get self-service in Jersey, but it never gets through. I don't know about Oregon, but our gas is already cheaper than the states around us, so why would we want to pump our own? There's plenty of things in Jersey to complain about, but full service gas ain't one of them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
scrambler81 said:
And I, for one, am very glad that I don't pump my own gas. Every couple of years someone comes out with a push to get self-service in Jersey, but it never gets through. I don't know about Oregon, but our gas is already cheaper than the states around us, so why would we want to pump our own? There's plenty of things in Jersey to complain about, but full service gas ain't one of them. :thumbsup:
The full service stations must be the work of political forces that want to keep jobs in those states. I enjoy crossing the river into NJ, buying gas for less than in PA and having it pumped. I even plan my fill-ups to coincide with trips into the garden state whenever possible. :thumbsup:

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Wait... there is such a thing as having somebody else pump your gas?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Oh, you know, if I think waaaay back to when I was young.. it seems like I remember when that was the only way to get gas in your car.....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've seen the signs at gas stations about not using a cell phone; whether its true or not, the sign says don't do it.

You did the right thing Ricky. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Wait... there is such a thing as having somebody else pump your gas?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Oh, you know, if I think waaaay back to when I was young.. it seems like I remember when that was the only way to get gas in your car.....
Not In new jersey, I had PLDC at FT DIX, Stopped to get some gas, got out and they about had a coniption. :(

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Reddwarf2 said:
Not In new jersey, I had PLDC at FT DIX, Stopped to get some gas, got out and they about had a coniption.
Ahh........ Platoon Leader Developement Course..........I remember those days...

I had a problem in Oregon a couple of years back. crossed the border into Oregon, and needed fuel. stopped to fill up, jumped out and proceeded to gas up my Mustang. some little pump jockey comes sprinting out of the building screaming at me. I thought I was gonna get to knock someone out. :)
Apparently, its illegal for a person to pump there own fuel in that state.
Had a big blowup with the pump jockey, his manager, and the local police.
Who, the manager called and had come on down. What a joke.
People cant pump there own fuel?? :drunk:
Sure doesnt take a rocket scientist to pump gas.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
CJTORINO said:
Ahh........ Platoon Leader Developement Course..........I remember those days...

I had a problem in Oregon a couple of years back. crossed the border into Oregon, and needed fuel. stopped to fill up, jumped out and proceeded to gas up my Mustang. some little pump jockey comes sprinting out of the building screaming at me. I thought I was gonna get to knock someone out. :)
Apparently, its illegal for a person to pump there own fuel in that state.
Had a big blowup with the pump jockey, his manager, and the local police.
Who, the manager called and had come on down. What a joke.
People cant pump there own fuel?? :drunk:
Sure doesnt take a rocket scientist to pump gas.
Not really the point. It's illegal in Oregon, like it is in Jersey. You pump your own gas, the station gets fined. If you hurt yourself, I'm sure their insurance won't cover them, because they weren't supposed to let you touch the pumps.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ricky2400 said:
Monday past, I pull into a service station to gas up my car; there's an attendant (female) at the pumps. I request the amount and she starts pumping--meanwhile, she's gabbing on her cell phone, oblivious to all else. Well, I tell her in a diplomatic way that she's not supposed to be on the phone while pumping gas--they say that gas fumes and microwave signals from cell phones can cause an explosion. So therefore, she's putting ALL our lives in danger! WELL, she cops an attitude, snatches my money from my hand, and when she returns with my change, drops it (deliberately) on the car seat! I get out and go after her, calling her every name I could think of--and then some! I've never hit a woman in my life, but she could have been the first! Before I get back in the car, I note the station number, and call the Corporate offices. I inform Customer Relations about the problem, giving them the station number, date and time of incident.
Today, I get a call from the manager of that station (who was not there during the time of altercation), He asked me what happened, and I told him. After which he informs me: "OK, well, this individual is no longer working here--she has been terminated." I'm glad about this, but did it take her putting someone's life in danger for this to happen?
GOOD JOB :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: AWSOME! :lol:

i would have killed her, if she is putting other INNOCENT peoples lives in danger , someone should do the same 2 her :rolleyes: :p .....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts