Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not good. Woke up today and my monitor has a yellow tint big time. Our HT header is now pink. What was white is now yellow. I dont need this right now! If I dissappear for a while that will be the reason.

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Hah,once I logged online here and the whole page was black with white lettering :drunk:

Hopefully it will go away! Did someone go near it with any kind of magnet?

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's not usually a good sign. If it's a CRT might be a good time to spring for a LCD if you can afford it. So much more lighter and easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
get in touch with kenny. it may be your settings got screwed up. i got lucky a guy told me when i bought this one in 98 to go to settings and write everything down and i did. 3x's now the settings got changed and i brought it back. do to power surges or lighting.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
don't go drop the dough on a new one just yet, it could be a dying monitor, but it could be a few oher things.

First, check your cable. See if its loose, check if connector pins are bent, make sure cable isn't being crimped anywhere.

Then check color settings, restore monitor settings to factory.

If that doesn't help, disable drivers for your graphics card. Reboot and windows will reinstall the drivers. (Have you updated anything recently? Has windows autoupdate done anything recently?)

If possible, you could also just test the monitor on another computer , if it does the same thing, then more than likely its time for an upgrade. Your monitor could be repaired, but its just not worth it, you can get a decent 17" flat panel for cheap now.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
oh, and as a last resort, whack the crap out of it and see what it does... sometimes it actually works.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
air_cooled65 said:
oh, and as a last resort, whack the crap out of it and see what it does... sometimes it actually works.
I actually tried this. Didnt do much for the color but helped me out a lot!
I'll try the others tomorrow, kinda dark right now where its at.
If it was anything but pink! I'm a Viking fan and my background is purple with the Viking logo. Having pink hair and mustach with pink helment is a real insult.
I feel like I'm in the ladies room of HobbyTalk. No offense intended to our female friends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts