Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

Im Pierre and im addicted to diecast toys

Last month I posted a thread statiing that I was moving and was getting out of dieast all together and start something new in Burlington Vermont with my lady. I began to sell my hotwheels and my beloved JL's to anyone who asked. I do appreciate all of the help. During the "big idea" My beloved 89' JEEP cherokee died, finally. My luck turned for the worst as I was having difficulties at my job with regional management and peoples attitudes in General. And teh GF was nagging that Ihad to much stuff, it just wasnt a good time!

BUT after pulling teeth and getting everythign squared off my sales afforded me to buy a 1994 cherokee with 106,000 miles for $900 in vermont. I had to put new brakes all around and a new starter in it but the rig gets 20 miles to the gallon and is a 4.0 High Output. Another bonus came about, I got promoted to Loss Prevention Manager and they doubled my salary. Needless to say now I have to work 54 hours a week and devote my life to retail. I know a few remarks were made and probably a few thoughts ran across a few memebers heads but I JUST CANT QUIT JL!! I guess I can say I quit buying everything and now am focusing on a few items. I tried, I cant neither can YOU. I dot want anyone to think it was all a setup and a sap story to make a quick buck, I have receipts for that. SO I hope theres no hard feelings and I hope im still welcome at Hobbtalk.com! sorry for the long read but I needed to speak!

Here is Sally in her final resting place

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I don't think anyone would think you were singing a sob story or out for money. I never thought you were. Things happen in life. You roll with it and handle as best you can. As long as things don't continuelly get worse who is to argue.
Congrats on the promotion and good luck. LP is not a postition I think I would want. Best of luck to you and your future hunts for your Johnny's. Told you you were addicted :tongue:

And welcome back even though you never really left. :thumbsup: :wave: :dude: :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Things happen to the best of us. Just like Sally. She is now an old hag, and she went to sleep! LOL (...kidding, I'm kidding)!!

Everything happens for a reason, and all of us now have your collection!! BBWAAHHAHHAAA!!;)

Don't beat yourself up for the things you feel you need to do. It was a balancing act to keep the people and situations at bay, until the inevitable happened.

Now you got a big fat raise, and you are happy again!! You got a new ride, and burried an old one. Your girlfriend loves you again.:p AND last but not least, you are a retail whore making the big bucks. (What's not to like)!!

It's party time, my friend:hat: Wanna buy some White lightnings?!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
GET OUT OF HERE!!! :D

Pierre, I am sure no one here would want to see you leave HT, and I am sure no one felt it was a set up to make a quick buck. You do what you have to do when life throws you a crappy hand, and do the best you can, trust me, I have been there myself.

I am glad to see things appear to be turning around for you and I wish you the best of luck in your new position. :wave:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
MudSlinger said:
Pierre, I am sure no one here would want to see you leave HT, and I am sure no one felt it was a set up to make a quick buck. You do what you have to do when life throws you a crappy hand, and do the best you can, trust me, I have been there myself.

I am glad to see things appear to be turning around for you and I wish you the best of luck in your new position. :wave:
I couldn't have said it any better than Joe. It's great that you didn't leave the hobby or leave HT, Pierre. Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Just a little bit off your topic but, did you scrap that Cherokee? From the looks of it, there are a bunch of usable parts still left on it. I'm not a Cherokee guy, but from cruising the Jeep sites, I know there are a ton of them out there and most of them are needing parts. You probably could have made some change parting that thing out.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scrambler81 said:
Just a little bit off your topic but, did you scrap that Cherokee? From the looks of it, there are a bunch of usable parts still left on it. I'm not a Cherokee guy, but from cruising the Jeep sites, I know there are a ton of them out there and most of them are needing parts. You probably could have made some change parting that thing out.
LOL I Parted alot of it out to myself! The engine had a rear main leak and the rear end was clunking. I suspected the only BIG usable part would be the transfer case and transmission. I only got $30 and the tires and wheels when I gave it up too them :tongue: Im pretty sure they would sell me anything I wanted off of it cheap!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I don't think you need to apologize for anything. Everyone goes through hard times and I'm glad things are looking up for you. Congrats on the promotion!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Pierre, just one thing.......I am jealous. Burlington, VT is my favorite city and someday I would like to live up there. Maybe Charlotte or Vergennes or Winooski. I think Shelburne would be too expensive.

Like everyone has been saying, we all go through 'stuff' and we do what we gotta do. So with that, Welcome back, Welcome back, Welcome back (Mr. Cotter!). :p

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Pierre, welcome back. By the prices you sold off your WLs at, you were neither asking for, nor were receiving charity. :thumbsup: Good luck with the car, job, and GF, in that order. :wave:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I love Jeeps, I have a 1998 Cherokee Sport with 90,000 miles on it, I love it, but its forsale, since I have to start doing my student teaching and drive 160 miles round trip each day and 20 mpg isn't the best for that. Especially at nearly 3.00 dollars a gallon. If any ya'll know anyone interested in buying it. Let me know please. Thanks ya'll

1 - 20 of 22 Posts