Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But even this statistic got my attention. The Yankees and Red Sox all year including the play offs played a total of 26 games that took a total of 83 hrs. to play. This year was 83 years since Boston traded the Bambino to New York.

cj

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Yep! And the Yankees won. What a game, who would have thought the kid hitting .125 hits a walk off home run. These have been some of the best playoff games I've seen in many years, and I don't watch baseball. Thank God for Football, and college basketball. :freak: rr

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
roadrner said:
What a game, who would have thought the kid hitting .125 hits a walk off home run.

Who would've thought it???? A freakin' Red Sox fan who can never forget 1978 ...... Bucky Freakin' Dent, meet Aaron Freakin' Boone. I need to go lay down now..... maybe for a month or two, at least ...... Aaarrrrggghhh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i don't understand the basball stat, 26 games that equal 83 hours of play??? you can probably take 26 games out of anyones schedule and make them equal whatever you want, stupid stat!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
One of the oldest active threads on the board and it was started by one of our featured MIA members.
I don't follow baseball and was wondering if this thread was started befor the SOX won the world series, when they made it to the series, or before they were ever in the series. (Thread started 10/17/03)

Looks like we got some recycled coincidences. Check out post #4. :D YIKES!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
WOW blowing the dust off, I think that was the year before the Red Sox won it, when Boone it that home run I remember watching that. Must be the Yanks haven't done much since that I think. Now if Bagwell would get better or younger :freak: then the Astros can come back and mabye actually do something in the series. Not holding my breath though.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Baseball has the funniest stats. I don't follow or watch the game but sometime I am in a room when a game is on and I hear something like...

"Jackson is up to bat. His lifetime batting average hitting against left handed pitchers chewing big league chew during the third phase of the moon and the score is tied is .385" where his usual batting average against a right handed pitcher wearing Hanes underwear that was born on St. Patrics day is onlt .245."

Always have to do a double take when I hear those kind of stats. No wonder it is Americas past time.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
How I remember this thread..... Grady Little leaving Pedro in too long..... gaaaawd, the sick feeling in my stomach.

Resurrecting this thread could've been fatal for a Red Sox fan, except fot the fact that the very next year, the Sox swept the Yankees four straight for the greatest comeback in sports history, and then plowed over the Cardinal's to clinch their first World Series in 86 years !!! Woooo hooooooo !!!!!!!! Never get tired of that!

I don't want to talk about last year, though..... :drunk:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
roadrner said:
Yep! And the Yankees won. What a game, who would have thought the kid hitting .125 hits a walk off home run. These have been some of the best playoff games I've seen in many years, and I don't watch baseball. Thank God for Football, and college basketball. :freak: rr
carnut2256 said:
Who would've thought it???? A freakin' Red Sox fan who can never forget 1978 ...... Bucky Freakin' Dent, meet Aaron Freakin' Boone. I need to go lay down now..... maybe for a month or two, at least ...... Aaarrrrggghhh.
While we're resurrecting old threads, this one caught my eye .... that Aaron Boone walk-off homer four years ago was the last great gasp from the mighty Yanks ..... :(

anyone seen Aaron Boone lately??? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts