Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I stopped watching baseball after the 1981 strike, and I never really looked back. However, I still like to see the home team do well. Unfortunately, the Phillies failed to reach the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. Now you see why it's easy for me to ignore baseball. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Well.....they won a bunch of games....they lost a bunch of games.....and now they are watching somebody else play!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
madmanmark said:
I know not many of you want to hear this but YANKEES WIN!!!!!!! Thuuuuu YANKEES WIN!!!!!!
We have quite a few Yankee fans up here, and a Providence station carries the Yankee games. We hear that guy frequently and I don't know how you guys put up with him.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
carnut2256 said:
We have quite a few Yankee fans up here, and a Providence station carries the Yankee games. We hear that guy frequently and I don't know how you guys put up with him.

He's no Phil Rizzuto, but he's not so bad.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I believe my team finished LAST in the NL and at this point are without a manager. :( Let's just say I'm not surprized.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
carnut2256 said:
The radio guy? John Sterling? Thuuuuuuuuu Yankees Win guy!? He has a great radio voice.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Nothing makes my stomach turn more than hearing John Sterling and his stupid sayings. A rod hits an a bomb. The giambino hits one. And that stupid Thuuuuuuuuu yankers win. Granted, you have to be partial to the team that's paying your check, but he is the most biased guy I've heard since Johnny Most used to do the Celtics games.

For the record, if you hadn't figured it out by now, I'm a proud (if disappointed) member of Red Sox Nation....

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
The radio guy? John Sterling? Thuuuuuuuuu Yankees Win guy!? He has a great radio voice.
As a lifelong Red Sox fan, I guess I just hate it when anyone gets to say "thuuuuuuuuuuu Yankees win!!!" :mad: :lol:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts