Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In June, 2007 there will be a reunion tour of a group going by the name HEAVEN & HELL.

Under the name Heaven & Hell you will find TONY IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER and BILL WARD.

Evidently if everything is confirmed, they will be playing a set consisting of music from every single CD that Ronnie James Dio performed with BLACK SABBATH, to include Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, LIVE EVIL and Dehumanizer.

The reunion cannot tour under the name Black Sabbath, or BLACK SABBATH WITH DIO, due to the fact that the copyright of the name is the property of OZZY OSBOURNE and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne.

Stay tuned for further updates on this report.

Summer 2007 just got more interesting. !..!,:cool:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Wow! I've been a Sabbath freak since the early 70s, also a big Rainbow fan, so I loved it when Dio joined Sabbath. H&H was a great album. Ozzy really owns the Black Sabbath name? I thought Iommi did, he certainly used it long enough, even when he was the only one left. I'm also surprised that Bill Ward is involved, I thought he had had enough of touring. Either way, I'll be looking foward to this one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
scrambler81 said:
Wow! I've been a Sabbath freak since the early 70s, also a big Rainbow fan, so I loved it when Dio joined Sabbath. H&H was a great album. Ozzy really owns the Black Sabbath name? I thought Iommi did, he certainly used it long enough, even when he was the only one left. I'm also surprised that Bill Ward is involved, I thought he had had enough of touring. Either way, I'll be looking foward to this one. :thumbsup:

Same here. :confused:
I remember seeing them back in the 80's, Ian Gillan sang lead. They actually performed Smoke on the Water. :D

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reddwarf2 said:
I remember seeing them back in the 80's, Ian Gillan sang lead. They actually performed Smoke on the Water. :D
Man I wish I saw that show. Born again is my fav BS album. I had a bootleg "white cover" album of that concert. When they played Smoke the audiance drowned out Gillan's vocals :(.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Reddwarf2 said:
I do remember that! But you know what? I really didn't like Gillan with Sabbath. It just seemed like he was pushing too hard, or something, but his voice didn't sound very good on Born Again. But then he returned to Purple, and his voice sounded fantastic. I could never put my finger on it, I just think that album could have been a lot better than it was.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have seen them before with the same line up ( Ward , Iommi , Butler and Dio ) as sabbath in the 90's before ozzy came back , danzig opened with the original members . good show , but they looked old as sin back then .

favorite line of the night " all right Cleveland , you are hard on god tonight " - Ronnie James Dio

it was straight outta spinal tap

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
All this Sabbath talk is kinda depressing. I got to thinking, and realized that it has been over 31 years since I went to my first Sabbath concert. August, 1975 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. The opening acts were Slade and Status Quo. Good heavens, that was a looooooonnngg time ago. :cry:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The World is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes then steal your Dreams .
It's Heaven and Hell .

By far the best Heavy Metal band of all time and my Favorite .

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Where have all the real rock bands gone? Can anyone say they have been happy with most of the crap the music industry has dumped on us since the 90's? Am I getting too old?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
darkwiz said:
I think Tony sold it to the OZZY Empire :).
I am not sure:
from
http://www.ozzyhead.com/news2006/3-15-06a.htm

Osbourne:

"Everybody in the world, their No. 1 question for [ ] ever and a day is, "Oh Oz, did you really bite the head off a bat?" And so, it's not for me anyway, it's for Black Sabbath. Tony owns the name Black Sabbath, so it could be any [ ] up there, ya know."

Of course I have read sources that said to lure Ozzy back in 1997 Tony had to give a share of the ownership of the name. Plus the article I referenced is from March of this year so it is possible that something has occured in the past six months.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Where have all the real rock bands gone? Can anyone say they have been happy with most of the crap the music industry has dumped on us since the 90's? Am I getting too old?
Yes, you are getting too old, but that has nothing to do with the music. ;) It really hit me several years ago, when Sabbath first reunited for Ozzfest, maybe '97? I was surrounded by all these kids that were around 20 years younger than me, but they knew every word to every song that Sabbath played. I couldn't help but think that there is just no good music now, so all these people are grabbing onto the bands we listened to as kids in the 70s. Some of the biggest concert draws are acts like Kiss, Skynyrd, Ozzy, The Eagles, and all sorts of other old rock bands. The stuff now just doesn't have the emotion, and therefore the staying power, that our generation had. The last band that really had great music was probably Guns and Roses, but their frontman was nuts, so they didn't last, either. Now it's either angry thrash metal, or spoiled little brats rapping like they're from the hood. It's a shame.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Reviving a thread from the dead, did anyone buy tickets for this tour? I got an email from Comcast last Thursday about tickets for "Heaven and Hell" with Megadeath. I clicked on the "more info" button, wondering what Heaven and Hell meant and, finding nothing, deleted the email! I got another email Saturday night, and this one had a picture of the old H&H album cover. Suddenly this old thread came rushing back to me, so I quickly went about ordering tickets. I still got pretty good seats, but imagine how good they would have been if my head hadn't been up my butt on Thursday! :rolleyes:
Now, I still have an old Sabbath tour shirt from around 1977, but at this point I'm afraid it would look like a man-bra. :eek: Oh! I just can't wait for May 10! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That is going to be a great show! Not only was that assemblance of Sabbath killer, Megadeth kicks butt too! I still love to hear peace sells, 99 ways to die, and a bunch of the others, Dave Mustaine is an awesome guitarist.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts