Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm home this week recuperating; Tena and I are watching a lot of "haunted" shows on TV (apparent sightings of dead people spirits) with Halloween approaching.

A couple days after my dad passed away, our dustbuster mysteriously turned on at 3 in the morning...there have been claims by people about doors opening, items being moved, etc.

I know that this is way off, but do any of you believe in apparitions/spirits/etc? I'm kinda skeptical, but do you think that they may exist?

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
I believe in demons that take on the identity of the deceased. I've never seen one (and don't want to!), but the Bible mentions them a number of times.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i'm not saying myself that they ( ghosts) don't exist cause back 10yrs ago i thought i had seen the spirit of my grandfather ( my mother's dad) that i never got to see standing at my bedroom and was in '01 then in '02 i had a similar experience with a different ghost i believe but i'm as well a skeptic.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The house next to my parents house is haunted by a young boy. The house has four large pillars in the font. The pillars came from a resort that burned down. In that fire a young boy lost his life. The neighbor who lived there said that one night she woke up and standing next to her bed looking down at her was a young boy. When she sat up she noticed that there was a layer of fog covering the floor of her bedroom. I used to pet sit for her and her kidis when they were out of town. There were many nights when I heard sounds that I could not explain. When I was around 13, I was taking care of the animals. I had made the rounds upstairs and downstairs. The lights were all turned off upstairs. As I was going out the door, I heard a noise upstairs. I went to look and the bathroom light was back on. I didn't see anything, but I can tell you that I felt someone was there. I got out of there really quick that night.

So do I believe in ghosts or whatever .... yes. I think there are more things in this life that we cannot imagine or explain. Happy Halloween all.

Scott

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
While living in my old house in Redford I was downstairs working on the computer. At about 4 am I turned out the lights and headed up the stairs. At the top of the stairs was the back door so there was moonlight coming in. I didn't really look up the steps until I was right at the top and it was then I noticed a "figure/shadow" standing at the landing. It was too late to stop and I walked right through them/it! I felt as if I had just walked through a refrigerator as a chill went through my whole body. Funny thing is that I wasn't at all scared. I turned around and appologized and went off to bed. Two days later I learned that the man that I bought the home from less than a year before had just died of cancer.

So yes, I beleive!

Bert

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Though I have never dealt with an entity I do believe they exist. I don't believe it enough to scare myself but enough to research it. We have camped out in many of upstate new yorks finest haunted places. One of the places is barkersville which in the daylight is spooky enough. It is an old insane asylum and then a TB clinic. All the tables and everything are still there. We didn't get pictures because the camera didn't work because of the spirits or maybe the batteries were dead??? Anything can be linked to a haunting, its how you view it is what makes it haunted. I think in total we did 45 campouts across NY and heard/seen little. I tell you what beardsley castle and veil cemetary were the craziest places to stay. Fog rolls in off the river and it makes for quite the night! Check out NYs top ten most haunted, I've been to all except long island

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
We came back to my parents house after the wake of my Dad. I was the first throught the back garage door and you could smell cigar smoke in the garage.(My Dad used to smoke a cigar when he did his beloved wood working projects in the garage) No one was in the garage that day or the past day. I had other people come out to the garage and they could smell it too. I happened one more time after that day. I guess My Dad wanted to make sure all his tools and projects were put away. So do I believe yes.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I myself was always a skeptic..
but my dad passed away just a little over a month ago and I think it was the night after his passing, I was in bed and my Dustbuster suddenly turned on at 3 o'clock in the morning! I got up to shut it off and I noticed that there was NO way that it could have just turned on by itself - the switch would have to have been pushed. I wondered if maybe it was my dad, letting us know that he was okay, and that he was watching. I was very close to him and guess he was telling me in his way "not to worry".

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Last Friday (Oct. 30) I was driving one of our busses that was driven by one of our drivers who died last year from smoking & heart problems. The "stop request" light and buzzer went off so I stopped at the next bus stop. Only thing is, NO ONE was on the bus but me. I actually thought someone was hiding in the back of the bus, but no one was there.

For the next 30 min. it kept going off with no one on the bus but me. Once people began boarding again, it never went off again. I'm thinking it was the bus drivers ghost wanting a "smoke" break.:confused:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
It was many years ago that my father died. About a month before he died he told my wife that he would never hold our child. we brushed it off a a grandfathers jitters with babies. He died about two weeks after his remark. Two weeks later my daughter was born.
One day I was playing dolls with her. She was about 1 1/2 or two years old. Just old enough to start stringing a few words together. She took me by the hand and took me to our couch. It was an old hand me down from my parents. She pointed under the couch and said " Daddy its here." I looked and there was nothing. She pointed under the couch and said "Daddy its here." OK I swing my arm under the couch and hit some loose change in the bottom of the couch. I figures a toy went under the couch and she also made the change ring so I figured that is what she wanted. I tipped the couch and the change all slid to one end and I dug it out. I told my daughter let's go put this in your piggy bank and we did. Coming back into the room she again said "Daddy its here." I did the process again and lo and be hold I pulled out a 1938 Silver dollar. It was the lucky piece that my father always carried in his wallet. He lost it a couple of months before he died. I was dumbstruck. My daughter went back to playing with her dolls just like she was doing before all of this started.
My family still tells the story of how my father told her where the lucky piece was so she could have it. My daughter is almost 20 now and the dollar is still in her position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts