Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had another mechanic look it over today, he was impressed and said if I didn't get it he was thinking of picking it up. That topped it for me :)

I had gotten the dealer down to $1700.00 and tax title and tags would put it at $1848.00 so I went up there with $1700.00 cash and laid it on the table, asked him to include the tax tags and title in the 17 and I'd take it, he said nope, we ended up with $1700.00 and I'd do the DMV stuff (which will only cost me $61.00) Oh yeah and on the way out he tells me theres a camper shell for it too and come back when it's not raining and I can get it. I don't really want a camper shell but I'm sure I can sell it :)

Its a cute dam truck! after I get it the way I want I'll shoot a pic and post it. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, it was much appriciated!!!

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
YEAAA Pony! Congrats on your deal. Trucks are hard to come by, and I think you did well.

I traded a 1992 Mazda E. Cab 4 cyl, a/c ,manual Transmission...clean truck,with 210K, and we put $500 on it. So you know they had prolly 1K in your truck. They got an ok profit for as rare as these Cash/ carries go.
And you got a good deal as well.

Glad you are mobile again, and maybe one of these days, we can get together, and I can help straighten that other problem you said you have.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Pony,

That's great! I hope you get many carefree miles out of it. (Just remember oil change every 3000-4000 miles. ;) )

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good for you. I looked up the engine on the Alldata at work today and it has a timing chain, not a belt. It is equipped with a hydraulic tentioner and, according to Alldata, also has a balance shaft and chain with chain guides(these are stationary). If either is worn excessively, they would be making quite a lot of noise. Sounds like this one is just fine if you had another person look at it and they approved. Hope you enjoy your new truck. :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts