Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I haven't done much in the 1/64th world lately I figure I'd show ya what's happnin in the 1:1 world.
Someone just GAVE me this '88 XJS-C V-12 Jag!!!
She purrs like a kitten and is AMAZING to drive, but it needs floor work (my specialty) and rear brakes.
Howza 'bout THAT!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sounds cool! But I see no pics. Just red x's. The price was right!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sweeeet !!!!!
Your gonna love cruisin town in this!

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
That is an awesome XJS - I always liked the more COUPE style to the the "fastback" look of its later years. V12 is very cool. Have heard those are hard to maintain but when the run they purr like a ........ Jaguar?

Is the top a Targa style - I notice what appear to be panel lines in the roof. Maybe some of the experts here could answer but I think this may have been an import......

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, now that was well worth the price! Super cool, what are your plans for this big cat?
The plan is to weld up the floors, do the brakes and drve the heck out of it until it needs big money repair$...which might not take too long :tongue: and then part it out.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Is the top a Targa style - I notice what appear to be panel lines in the roof. Maybe some of the experts here could answer but I think this may have been an import......
You nailed it - the "C" in XJS-C stands for cabriolet.
The front two panels are removable like a T top car, and then the whole rear section is also removable.
The window frames stay up as does a roll bar like in this pic.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
WOW - Love the look of that top - Convertible but not a convertible - very cool, I had forgotten they did that roof.......

Ya know, even if a guy put $3-5k into that ride it would still be a stellar deal-ee-o! They don't make rides like that these days.

Any pics of the V12??

Rode in a Benz with a V12 a short time ago, dang... the power......

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I may have false hope, but I'm hoping for more like $1500 to drop into it.
I do all my own work, but parts may be more than I anticipate!
Should be able to do it kinda cheap because I'm doing very little cosmetically.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
WOW - Love the look of that top - Convertible but not a convertible - very cool, I had forgotten they did that roof.......

Ya know, even if a guy put $3-5k into that ride it would still be a stellar deal-ee-o! They don't make rides like that these days.

Any pics of the V12??

Rode in a Benz with a V12 a short time ago, dang... the power......
I'd love to see some engine pics as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts