Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
midtown said:
There is no check engine light flashing. It is the temp/add coolant lights. The car is running a little cold and the gas milage is off. it's a very common problem for Saturns. 99% of the time its the sensor.
That could do it. While you are at it, make sure the coolant level is at the proper level and concentration. Also check the last time you serviced(changed) the coolant. If over two years with American green or four to five with Dexcool(orange) coolant, I would recommend a coolant flush, or at least a drain and refill. Make sure all air is bled out of the system after the service. Also make sure the thermostat is operating correctly. :wave:

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks! theromostat is 8 months old and the coolant was replaced with Dexcool when it was replaced. At first I thought it was the thermostat too, but the heater is working good.

flyin'68bird said:
That could do it. While you are at it, make sure the coolant level is at the proper level and concentration. Also check the last time you serviced(changed) the coolant. If over two years with American green or four to five with Dexcool(orange) coolant, I would recommend a coolant flush, or at least a drain and refill. Make sure all air is bled out of the system after the service. Also make sure the thermostat is operating correctly. :wave:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts