Hobbyist Forums banner

O/T - Ford loses 12.7 BILLION!!!

1K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  sschevyman1 
#1 ·
I just saw where Ford lost 12.7 billion dollars last year. Biggest 1 year loss in their history.

Another reason to BUY MORE CHEVYS!

#2 · (Edited)
jasydad said:
I just saw where Ford lost 12.7 billion dollars last year. Biggest 1 year loss in their history.

Honey....Oh Honey.....did you see where I set that 12.7 billion dollars???..
I can't seem to remeber where.....:confused:

VeeDub in da house....

Save gas, drive a VW.

#4 · (Edited)
RANT WARNING!!!

Ford has no honor, for either the products/problems they turn out or the people who buy them and are masters of the 'non-disclosure' lawsuit settlement among peers.

As former and CURRENT Ford owner I can say that.

After buying a Pinto in '73 I waited over 30 years before buying a Ranger PU in 2005 - and then I started finding problematic engineering changes made to literally save a buck or two and now wonder what I haven't found...

They will never get another chance from me. I will be buying a Chev or Toyota PU in a few months to alleviate my fears... (he says putting on a pair of stylish asbestos panties) :)

#5 ·
Karl said:
I will be buying a Chev or Toyota PU in a few months to alleviate my fears... (he says putting on a pair of stylish asbestos panties) :)
While there are some great Fords out there, they do seem to have a lot of recent issues.

However, what I really wanted to say is that between the Chevy and Toyota, I think you should buy the Toyota. I have owned several Toyota PUs and they just keep going. I haven't had any expirience with any Toyota past about 1995 though. But if the new ones are like the old ones at all, they will be great vehicles.

1up

#7 ·
Karl said:
RANT WARNING!!!

Ford has no honor, for either the products/problems they turn out or the people who buy them and are masters of the 'non-disclosure' lawsuit settlement among peers.
A very true statement. Ford is not doing right by their products, thats for sure.
right now, they are having a Major issue with the 5.4 Modular engines, and the V10 Truck engines.
I know, I own one.
it recently Spit out a spark plug, at speed, with my daughter and wife
driving home. after diagnosis, we determined it had spit a spark plug.
onto the trailer, a 250 mile trip to the dealer, where of course, its not Fords Fault, its the spark plugs fault.
of course, the spark plug company didnt know that Ford has designed the heads to only have 2-3 turns on each spark plug hole.
Long story short, my F250 cost $3,000.00 to repair, and Ford refuses to believe they have a problem.
Well, they do.
They need to recall all 17 million of the affected engines and repair them.
I Am A Long, Long time Ford Man.
However, I will soon be purchasing a new Heavy Duty Truck, And Ford Did Not Make the short list of vehicles to consider.
I blame the suits upstairs.
stupid business decisions, mis-management, and poor attitude will kill a company every time.
The question is, will the U.S. Government come in and bail them out like they did for Chrysler in the late seventies?

#8 ·
VWowner said:
VeeDub in da house.....
OH, SNAP!

Gotta love dem bugs! They are GREAT on the MPG scale. But I also own a Ford F-150 Supercrew 4X4 with the 5.4 L V8 and a class III tow package. Please don't ask me about MPG. The thing is if I can afford the truck and the gas then its OK with me. The Truck has never given me a problem in the 5+ years I've owned it. It is still a solid great running truck and it is the vehicle that the family gets in to go to Alabama or Missouri. It has also been to the East coast. Not bad for an Indiana truck. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Lpgeoteacher said:
OH, SNAP!

Gotta love dem bugs! They are GREAT on the MPG scale. But I also own a Ford F-150 Supercrew 4X4 with the 5.4 L V8 and a class III tow package. Please don't ask me about MPG. The thing is if I can afford the truck and the gas then its OK with me. The Truck has never given me a problem in the 5+ years I've owned it. It is still a solid great running truck and it is the vehicle that the family gets in to go to Alabama or Missouri. It has also been to the East coast. Not bad for an Indiana truck. :thumbsup:
I did own a Bronco II once. Tipsy little bugger. Got it stuck in the snow a few times (my fault, having fun). It was fun.

#11 ·
Lpgeoteacher said:
OH, SNAP!

My 99silverado has been to FLA six times with no problems, and about 20mpg to boot! That's not to bad for an Indiana truck. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
their current fusion is a very well built car however a lot of people have the illusion that toyota`s are better and that they always get better gas mileage.
People need to really start paying attention to what they`re really buying before we kill our own economy.

#14 ·
Drove a rental Mercury Milan for a few days. Nice looking, great handling, pleasant dash design, BUT:

it had an extremely harsh, jarring ride; engine was very noisy (they can't put a sound pad into the firewall?); steering tilt lever is cumbersome and hard to use (as if no one has ever designed a good one before.)

I would not buy one because of the noisy motor and terrible ride...I really wanted to like it, but, oh well...So who are they building these for, again? People who've never driven a nice car before, I guess!

#15 ·
glhshelby said:
their current fusion is a very well built car however a lot of people have the illusion that toyota`s are better and that they always get better gas mileage.
People need to really start paying attention to what they`re really buying before we kill our own economy.
As the consumer do we have to pay attention to what we are buying or does the automibile maker need to pay attention to what they are making? Please take this as the philosophical question that it was intended.

#17 ·
jasydad said:

Oh yea and Chevys are better cars :hat: Gotta tell ya I have had Fords all my life, since 1959, almost exclusively and I do not have a reason to change. My 03 Sable is going strong at 122,000 miles with very little to report on other than normal maintenance. :thumbsup: Remember where all those dollars you spend on the ricers ends up no matter where they are assembled. The US automakers deserved their plight but now they are making cars as good as anyone for the dollars spent.

#18 ·
I've owned 2 Fords in my life, Still driving one. (a '92 Taurus) The Tempo died a long time ago. The only good thing I have to say about these cars is that they are pretty inexpensive to fix, and do run a long time if you are not ramming them. (Sorry Tempo).

I just bought a new Honda Civic tho this year, So that didn't help Fords cause.

#20 ·
Galaxieman said:
Oh yea and Chevys are better cars :hat: Gotta tell ya I have had Fords all my life, since 1959, almost exclusively and I do not have a reason to change. My 03 Sable is going strong at 122,000 miles with very little to report on other than normal maintenance. :thumbsup: Remember where all those dollars you spend on the ricers ends up no matter where they are assembled. The US automakers deserved their plight but now they are making cars as good as anyone for the dollars spent.
I don't get why everyone fights about Ford vs. Chevy and so on with various automakers. Each company has both good and bad, and I do not have any particular brand preference. If it looks good and I like it, I will buy it regardless of the manufacturer.

My new ride is a new C6 Corvette Z51 - I absolutely love it! I also happen to like the new Shelby GT500 as well, but the $5-10K over sticker is crazy. :wave:

#23 ·
Lpgeoteacher said:
As the consumer do we have to pay attention to what we are buying or does the automibile maker need to pay attention to what they are making? Please take this as the philosophical question that it was intended.
I was just meaning that people need to realize that foreign cars are no better. Just like people I work with,just because they bought a 1981 lebaron used in 85 and had tons of problems with it they won`t buy anything american now.Even 20 years later when most companies have tons of better quality and reliability.He purchased a 2006 camry and has only had problems with it since he purchased it.If he would have bought American he possibly could have had the same problems but he could have better styling and an american car to boot.

#24 ·
prayingmantis said:
There is one area that has been overlooked here. Ford has recently agressively funded/backed the homosexual agenda and they have been severely boycotted.
They back trying to appove homosexual marriage laws, etc.
There is more to it here than quality issues.
I was not aware that Ford Motor Company risked its very financial future on such a political stance

#26 · (Edited)
I owned two Ford cars. My Tempo was great. I drove it to California and back to Michigan and the only reason I had to get rid of it was because I got into an accident. My second Ford was a Probe and it was definitely a POS. But I have to admit, if I had the money, I'd get a new Mustang. I have to go the econo route right now, so I'm driving a Neon.

- JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.