Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do I understand this correctly? Fleabay doesn't allow you to accept money orders as payment any more?

sorry if i'm late to the party on this, i haven't SOLD on the bay in a couple years...

yeesh.

--rick

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I have taken a few money orders lately but I dont avertise it on my auctions but if somebody asks I say ok.Havent had any trouble with ebay yet.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
It is now against ebay policy to say you accept money orders. If you are buying it doesn't hurt to ask the seller before paying. It is also up to you as a seller to ask buyers how they want to pay. Ebay clearly switched this policy around to boost their income, using the buyer protection as an excuse. A lot of sellers are not too happy about this change, so asking the question is the only alternative now.. the worst they can say is "no, I'd rather see ebay get another 10% of my income from this sale.."

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I put accept payment on pickup

I put "accept payment on pickup" since I can't say I accept MO's. I think as long as you are not public you can do it. I would think a number of sellers accept them but it's a pain to have to keep asking.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
And not just any Paypal payment, it must go to a Paypal premium account. If your ad mentions the fact you do not take credit/debit cards because you only have a Paypal personal account, eBay will pull your auction - you must accept all types of Paypal payments; that means having a premium account.

eBay gets a cut of all transactions that go to a premium account. They get nothing on transactions to a personal account.

eBay gets a little more greedy each year. I stopped a few years ago. But as long as people still use it to sell...

Don't be surprised if they come up with a buyer fee (percentage of purchase price) down the road.

Joe

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies. dang that stinks. i guess if you want to look on the bright side, there is no more waiting and watching the mailbox for MOs...

yeah, i don't think that's much of a bright side either. :rolleyes:

--rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts