Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since one of us has done one of these, so here's my feeble attempt for today:

1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you?
B- Which store?
C- Which ones did you buy?
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it?

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter?
B- How much?

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning?

Talk amongst yourselves .......

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Been a while since one of us has done one of these, so here's my feeble attempt for today:

1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? Yep.
B- Which store? WalMart C- Which ones did you buy? Mustang, Javelin, Talladega, Futura, Eldorado, 442, Boss 429, a few more I can't think of right now.
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it? That I'm glad I'm not displaying them in the blister anymore, and that they were tougher to open.

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?
Negative, but I wasn't thrilled with RC in the first place, and nothing has happened to change that feeling.

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter? Not really
B- How much? A small flurry one day last week

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?
No
5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning?

Comcast to check my mail, then this one

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Ok...

B- Which store?
Wal Mart
That was a week ago! I don't remember which one it was...
It should cut down on people swapping cars in the package...
Otherwise it doesn't matter to me. I have a knife.....

I don't know what to say here... There was no new product available for months on end... Then there is the statement about profits being off.
I can hope for the best, but......

No.
B- How much?
None.

I will dance around nude at sunrise while waving a pair of the beasts (one painted red, the other painted green) over my head. The music I will play to keep the beat is "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight".

Webcrawler.com

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I count nine questions :confused: When I went to school in the dark ages we learned to count by scratching numbers on rocks with tyrannasaurus bones :) I guess they gave that up when you went :eek: By the way I skipped spelling most days :( Tyrannasaurus, tiranisawrus.......ahhh who cares no one else knows either :hat:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
carnut2256 said:

1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? Yes
B- Which store?Milezones, WalMart
C- Which ones did you buy?Going to the Beach VW
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it?Just OK

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?Be afraid very afraid

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter?Yes
B- How much?About 8-10" on the ground right now and another inch expected today

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?Pauxatauny Phil and I are going out to chase women and throw back a couple of cold ones...OK nothing really planned

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning?Hmmmmm it is before 6:00 AM and I'm answering these questions....

Talk, Talk, Talk

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
carnut2256 said:

B- Which store? Walmart
C- Which ones did you buy? None
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it? Pain in the butt.

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best? Change is in the wind, change can be good or bad.

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter? Yes
B- How much? Lots in December, not much since

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it? Sure am, since I have Ground Hogs living in my woods, I'm going to stake out a place by the window and see if any come out.

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning? HT.

Yadda Yadda Yadda, Babble Babble babble

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
carnut2256 said:

Found at Wal-Mart
Packaging was O.K.
they took 'em away from me!

Uncertain

B- How much?
A few inches

We will be having woodchuck stew on that day!

This one

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
carnut2256 said:

Yes
B- Which store?
Wal-Mart
None-already had `em on order
It was alright, really don't care one way or the other

I'm not one to predict the future

Nope, rarely get snow here, but we might be getting some sleet today/tonight
B- How much?

Another work day for me....

Hobbytalk... seriously, not lieing, then ebaumsworld.com, and then maybe my email...
LONG LIVE OLDSMOBILE! :)

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
B- Which store?

I found a red MCUSA 442 at Target the other day

Doesn't phase me much, don't collect tractors

B- How much?

Eating delicious ground hogs

gmail

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
oh yeah
B- Which store?wall mart
C- Which ones did you buy?Jav & Buick
not bad par for the course it seems

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?hoo-ha and bru haha

B- How much?forgot how many times I've shovled

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?yeah I heard its some "Nuts" birthday day one day after Boogie fest 07

ADP

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
carnut2256 said:

B- Which store? Wally's
C- Which ones did you buy? Retro Torino Talladega
It's ok, mine dont stay in the package very long
I'm staying neutral on this. Takeing a wait and see atitude.
3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter? Since the offical start of winter we've had a 1/2 inch of snow and 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice
B- How much?

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it? By shooting any that I see near my house(we call them woodchucks around here)

torinocobra.com

:wave:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? NO
B- Which store? None
C- Which ones did you buy? None
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it? I have one new one I got in a trade. I would have liked it better without the logo standing 3/4 of an inch up off the packaging.
2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best? Wishfully optomistic, but realistically it doesnt look good.
3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter? Nope B- How much? Not one single flake
4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it? Yeah right, I dont even know what day it is, nor do I really care.
5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning? RCNitroTalk.com, followed immediately by HobbyTalk

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

NO

mixed

No

No. I won't

Pretty Much is

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? yes
B- Which store?wal mart
C- Which ones did you buy?59 caddy?
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it?ok i guess the bubble scratches easy though

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?not sure but kind of apprehensive about it.

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter?yep
B- How much?6-8 inches

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?just another day

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning?e mail than ht ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thursday!

1) A/B/C/D - Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you?
Yes / Walmart (once) / Javelin / I OPEN mine! Packaging is excess waste

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best? Its looking sad. RC has serious marketing issues.

3) A / B - Have you gotten any snow so far this winter?
Yep! Even in the Seattle area! But only a few inches where I wanted FEET!

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it? I don't golf but if heads start popping up...

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning? MSNBC, then CNN, then HobbyTalk

Well then, did you hear the one about a group of JL, HW, Matchbox, Shelby Collectibles, MGAE, MotorMax, and Maisto collectors get together to discuss prices, profit margins and the cost of zinc - and only JL collector happens to mention that his prices have gone up....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ok I'll answer these

carnut2256 said:

B- Which store?
wal mart & Meijers
69 taladaga

I liked it

Postive

yes twice and first time it was 14 inches and the second time 6 inches and its been snowing everyday.
B- How much?
Already answered this ?
NOPE don't make me any difference
5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning? Yahoo to check my mail

I talk to myself all the time and get worried when I start talking Back to my own statements and Questions with answers. :freak: :p :wave:

Now back to my padded room with me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
carnut2256 said:

1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? YES
B- Which store?W/M and Target
C- Which ones did you buy?The Vert Camaro, and Taladega from Retro
The Futura both Vari's and the GSX and 442

D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it?I thought "Geez -why didn't I get to have lazer vision like Superman? :freak:

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best?Nuetral. I have a feeling that JL is going to dissapear sometime in the next few years

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter?NOPE!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna get me a snow machine.
B- How much?

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it?I'm a Fed Employee, I think we get that day off :jest:

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning?Girls Gone Wild dot Com

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Galaxieman said:
I count nine questions :confused: When I went to school in the dark ages we learned to count by scratching numbers on rocks with tyrannasaurus bones :) I guess they gave that up when you went :eek: By the way I skipped spelling most days :( Tyrannasaurus, tiranisawrus.......ahhh who cares no one else knows either :hat:
:lol: :jest: :D

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
carnut2256 said:

yes, but not the ones I'm looking for
B- Which store?
Walmart
None
Just what this planet needs...more plastic

It doesn't look good

B- How much?
On Cape Cod, a couple of very minor dustings, that's it

Uh, no.

shhh....

And what are YOU doing for Ground Hog day, Rich?

·
Registered
577 Posts
carnut2256 said:

1) A- Have you found any of the "brand new" Johnnie's on a peg near you? Yes, but only 4
B- Which store? Wal-Mart in Brockville Ontario
C- Which ones did you buy? Olds 442 and Buick GS, Left the Futura and Torino for later
D- What did you think about the new packaging, once you finally saw it? Not bad, although I am not a fan of the vacuum type packaging, I do like the layout and graphics.

2) Gaze into your crystal ball for a moment: With all the latest hoo-ha about the RC2 announcement that they are dropping some die cast lines (ie: ERTL) and "repositioning" others (ie:JL), is your opinion positive or negative regarding the future of the cars we love best? I work at a TSC store here in Canada, and Ertl is our top selling line, especially farm equipment, I know RC2 is keeping the farm end of things, but it is too bad that they have to "downsize". I do look forward to the JL new releases and what they will come up with in the future. I think for now it is a positive move

3) A- Have you gotten any snow so far this winter? Just this week
B- How much? About 15 cm, (8-9 inches)

4) Are you excited about our next calendar holiday (Ground Hog Day!) and how will you celebrate it? With a few wobbley pops i reckon'

5) What is the first web-site you visit when you turn on the 'puter every morning? My fantasy hockey pool. Then Hobbytalk of course

Can't wait for the truck release to hit Canada

1 - 20 of 29 Posts