Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O/T: Firebird Camaro clone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-PONTIAC-FIREBIRD_W0QQitemZ270104427280QQcategoryZ6420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Found this on the 'bay. What the heck was this guy thinking. Does he realize how many fewer 'Birds were built than Camaros in '67? If he wanted a regular old Camaro, he could have found one easy enough. :hat:
Stop destroying firebirds by turning them into Camaro clones!
Maybe I'll have to buy a 69 SS 396 Camaro, yank the motor and put in a 400 Pontiac V8, put firebird sheetmetal on it and turn a Camaro into a Firebird clone. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm diggin the birthday party pic that's in there also!

He should have saved his money from the new metal and bought a new project car. look at the rust in the trunk and the interior! I need a tetnus shot just looking at it!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Maybe the car was really too far gone and he already hhad Camaro parts lying around? I agree though, there are so many restored Camaros running around that it seems pretty stupid to butcher a 67 Firebird to make it a Camaro. It is nice to see those trademark Pontiac taillights, loop front bumper and side vents once in a while to break up the Camaro monotony!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The bird is a little worse for wear but the camaro parts that he has mocked up on it doesn't have to stay on it should someone try to fix it up.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Body by Fisher. Too bad Oldsmobile & Buick didn't make pony cars at the same time. Then there would be more parts for everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts