Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the ol' thermometer shows what my ol' bones already know..... it's getting colder these days! Fall is upon us. Is Fall one of your favorite seasons, or one of your least favorites? What do you like best about Fall, what do you like least?

Fall is bittersweet to me. It signals the end of summer. What I like best about Fall is fresh crunchy apples just off the trees, and NFL Football. What I like least are the shorter days and knowing that the cold winter is getting closer and closer.

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
Fall is GOOD, Christmas is around the corner, with a New Year on it's way!

I don't want to express any negatives at this time.

I pray it's a better year for a lot of people.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
fall,in Fla.

The cooler weather is kind of a relief,It was a brisk 85 degrees today.
Mowed the whole yard, without breaking a sweat.

Although I miss the northern fall colors, I can't help but despise the leaves that fall and make messes.(yeah,even florida has desiduous(?) hardwood trees)

They clog the gutters,the sticks/branches fall and damage the screened birdcage surrounding the pool.

The second half of Hurricane season will go fast,hopefully as mild as the first.

The worst part of fall here is, the "snow birds" migrate back to thier trailers.
This means the streets are clogged with geriatric people driving.
Generally speaking,they are so old,thier mental capacities are diminished.

It's sad really,because we all get there someday... but they drive so slow and oblivious to other drivers, that they create mass death and mayhem...every season.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
it is bittersweet for me as well. i currently have the end of summer blues,won't be able to enjoy the outdoor activities as much, can't stand the cold weather and hate getting sick.
on the lighter side, halloween is just around the corner so the kids will have a blast. then it is time for the holidays. i just love christmas time. although summer is a fun time of the year, i think families tend to grow closer during the holiday season. most of my fond memories from when i was a kid were during the christmas season. i hope to make those memories possible for my little ones. isn't it funny how you probably can't remember any gift you received for your birthday unless it was within the last few years but can remember most of your christmas gifts since you were 5?? or is it just me? :freak:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I'm a Fall, and spring person. I just love the smell of the trees, and football season. The brisk mornings, and evenings. There will be more toys to hunt soon (hopefully).I don't, however like the shorter days, and frosty mornings.

Spring is the best because everything starts again in the spring. The grass gets green,the leaves come out with the flowers, the birds sing, and the air is fresh and clean. Nascar is in full swing, and another Chase begins.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
After a week of summer, Fall shows up for a brief visit, then its wintertime.
its 36 degrees and snowing here.
I must love the cold, because I'm still here.....................

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I hate the summer!!!!! Fall rocks! Spring rocks! Winter is cool! Really, winter doesn't get much more than cool here.

I'd by far rather be cold trying to warm up than hot trying to cool off.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I like everything but SUMMER here in the Houston area. The motorcycle gets parked around the end of June and does not come out until September in most cases. I ride all winter long.
The only thing I dont like about fall is the ragweed. I have ragweed allergies bad. I stock up on benadryl.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Fall is a great season. Fresh apple cider. Leaves changing color miss seeing all the trees up north. My birthday is around the corner. Snow birds are coming soon. YUCK! More stock for the holiday season. If you can find something.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Fall Means Varsity Soccer Season for school is in full sesion ( even though we have already played two games).

:wave: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts