Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I need some advice concerning a fake e-mail from ebay that I had received a short time ago. Unfortunatley, without thinking correctly, I entered my ebay password when I opened the email. I know ebay does not send emails asking for passwords but I had one of those "stupid moments" and submitted my password :rolleyes:

I immediately forwarded this email to [email protected] & [email protected].
I also immediatley changed my ebay and paypal passwords.

Can anyone give me some advice on what else I should/need to do concerning this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Floydfrog :)

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
It happened to me twice before I got smart. My account was NEVER STOLEN as far as paypal,some jack leg over in the pacific rim,listed some stupid junk on my account,but ebay took it down. They told me to change my passwords EVERY month, so I do and no more problems.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
to give you guys a heads up, i was checking through an old email account that i used to have for my e-bay email. there must have been 200 fake e-bay and paypal emails. the e-bay ones appear to be a question about an item you don't have listed or it is a fake buyer asking where his item is asking for you to respond. ALL of the fake e-bay emails appear from an e-bay member by the name of bluebellvue if you ever see this name, immediately delete the email. it is a waste of time sending them to ebay as they don't seem to do anything about it. i know they can't prevent this but they could have at least sent out an email to all members to alert them of this name. i honestly have been getting these type of emails with this name for well over a year now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts