Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a website that is a good reference with pictures of the American Muscle 1/64 cars that Ertle did. When did this series run and are they usually the same size as JL's.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I believe the majority of the releases came out in the late 90s ,early 2000s.

They were 1/64 , with some nice castings that JL hasn't done . 61 Impala bubbletop, 69 Cougar , 58 Edsel ( convert as well as hardtop ) 60 Starliner ,
62 Catalina Superduty, Others .. but I'm spent..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just went bombing around the web a little bit and the only thing I found that came close was their own website at www.ertl.com. It lists archives back to 2002 but mostly for 1:18 scale stuff. The only archives listed for 1:64 are the Corvette series and the American Muscle 1:64 kits. :(

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a few of them.They are very nice pieces with outstanding detail,the trunks open and the lights are actual lenses instead of paint.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Ertl 1/64 American Muscle were made in 2000 & 2001 . I have a list of what was made . I know of no website with photos ... There were blister pac cars & hobby version cars that came in display cases. There was 2 box sets with 3 cars each also .

·
Registered
896 Posts
They were really nice...IIRC, before this series, there was the similar Racing Champions 'Motor Trend' series around '99 and some later in Kmart 'Route 66' packaging. I have most of the Motor Trend and American Muscle ones in my stash.

·
0 Posts
Bob Justbob said:
They did do the 65 right.
Couldn't agree with you more. Your black one is beautiful. :thumbsup:
They are SS 396 Z-16 cars (only a couple of hundred 1:1s built) and I'm fortunate to have found a couple, Crocus Yellow and Mist Blue.

Trivia time: Most of the cars ended up in the hands of rich, connected folks. Dan Blocker (brother Hoss on Bonanza) . . . I'm dating myself here . . . bought a yellow one. Here's a cool link to an article on this very rare car. http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/reader_rides/1271676.html

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
1A62 said:
Couldn't agree with you more. Your black one is beautiful. :thumbsup:
They are SS 396 Z-16 cars (only a couple of hundred 1:1s built) and I'm fortunate to have found a couple, Crocus Yellow and Mist Blue.

Trivia time: Most of the cars ended up in the hands of rich, connected folks. Dan Blocker (brother Hoss on Bonanza) . . . I'm dating myself here . . . bought a yellow one. Here's a cool link to an article on this very rare car. http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/reader_rides/1271676.html
Norwood Mass.

I'm at a self serve gas station, topping off my '72 Demon 340, when a red '65 Chevelle SS pulls up beside me. Always had a soft spot for those cars.

I glance at the tail panel and see an emblem "Z16"

"What's that?", I asked

"396", came the answer.

It was another five years before I read an article from the great Terry Boyce in that short-lived classic magazine "Classic Sixties" as to just how rare that Chevelle was. Bet the guy driving it didn't really know either.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Thanks Dave
Worked fine for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts