Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, won an auction for "The Tick - Animated Series - All Episodes" on ebay... seller had 30 feedback, 100% and many sales of these DVDs. Used BIN, auction ends, I send Paypal for auction... so far, so good... next morning I get email from Ebay that the auction has been cancelled (by Ebay).

I have emailed the seller, but nothing yet..... and now on Ebay, this auction never existed, its even been removed from "Items I Have Won" area of My Ebay.

So, am I screwed? How can Ebay cancel a completed auction hours later?

Anybody else ever have this happen to them?

Oh, and the seller is still active, Ebay has not suspended them or anything

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Were they recorded off the air? Because if they were, then we're talking about copyright infringement. Tsk Tsk. You might be screwed on this one. If the auction was for the official release, then you should be able to get your money back.

- JJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CTWLSMIKE said:
That's very interesting. Keep us posted as to what happens. Can't you get your money back from paypal?

Not sure, thought I would give the seller a chance to respond first. But since they cancelled it after I won and paid, I would think they would have to give me my money back

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jage1966 said:
Were they recorded off the air? Because if they were, then we're talking about copyright infringement. Tsk Tsk. You might be screwed on this one. If the auction was for the official release, then you should be able to get your money back.

- JJ
Not sure, but I guess probably..... he's only sold like 40 of them so far, looked like pretty nice DVDs, had menus, etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts