Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6-b-kwik said:
now why would u leave a z06 outside!!!
Because the GN is in the garage. (seriously) 2 car garage, one side is the 86GN and the other is... well the other is a about a ton of car parts, 3 engines, tools, paint, pretty much a mess I need to go through and start cleaning.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Toy Vettes said:
Because the GN is in the garage. (seriously) 2 car garage, one side is the 86GN and the other is... well the other is a about a ton of car parts, 3 engines, tools, paint, pretty much a mess I need to go through and start cleaning.
nice i own a 87 GN!! now i know why its outside!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My "summer pics" were lost in the last hard drive crash (and I'd be ashamed to shoot one of the car in the garage right now) but here's one of the car right before the new exhaust went on. 5" pipe from the downtube to the muffler. No backpressure when the turbo puts out 32lbs. of boost!

This summer the car is going through an overhaul. New paint, suspension to make it handle, and a de-tune. (10's is a little fast for street duty) I love the black thrust Ds on the t-type. I think I'm going to use 96 Corvette GS rims on mine, (hopefully the IRS too)

·
Registered
285 Posts
man-o-man guys im lovin the G.N'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in '86 my parents bought a regal :freak: me and my brother begged them to get a G.N but my mom just said.... "why do i need a car that goes that fast"......we still see that buick driving around our city and it is a true P.O.S. now............................................................................man i wish we would have got the g.n

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
siggy said:
Where in MD are you Toy Vettes ? I am in Hagerstown and we got some really bad Ice also .
Bowie, near 6 flags.

This is my 2nd GN (both 86's oddly enough) the first one was a great driver, low 12's, rims, and a monster stereo. A good freind of mine worked in a stereo shop so we built the car for stereo shows. One year I went to bowling green for the Mustang/GN shootout, sold the car a week later and bought another one to modify for speed. I love the car- except running the boost I do, detonation is inevitable. I'm on my 3rd crank. (but the look on the Viper GTS's face when my daughter waved goodbye and we pulled him by 6 lengths from a light in a Buick was priceless!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts