Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Who Done It? - It was crime/game show that started by you watching a 20 min crime story. Then they had three contestants(detectives) that tried to solve the case. One episode involved a prisoner being transported by plane. Another involved a mirror(the whole everything is backwards in a mirror thing).

2)Cliff Hangers - This show was three in one. A western(Susan Anton was in this one) , one involving a vampire, and I think the third had a Sci-Fi thing going on. At the end of each one they would leave you hanging.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I remember cliff-hangers. The three stories were the vampire one, the Susan Anton (which was like a modern version of "The Perils of Pauline") and the third one was the western/sci-fi. It took place in the old west, which was filmed in black and white on the earth's surface...but when you went down this elevator into the earth, there was a futuristic city and filmed in color. Sort of like Buck Roger's meets Roy Rogers. It was copped from an old 30's cliff-hanger Saturday matinee serial that stared gene Autrey (of all people) who hosted a radio show from his ranch, but these underground aliens lived in a big subterranian city and threatened the town somehow. This actually pre-dated Buck Rogers and had a lot of those old tin-can looking robots fighting Gene and the boys. I have it on VHS somewhere, but can't recall the name off hand.

I liked the cliff-hangers show, but as I recall, the only show that aired it's hour long finale was the vampire one. They pulled the plug because of ratings and never aired the final chapters of the other two. And I really wanted to see how that western/sci-fi one turned out at the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts