Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't take it no more! :) There are so many cool pics added to HT every day. And I want to add my crazy images to them. I need a dig camera, so I'm dipping into my LF 2007 fund to get one. So my question is would the Canon PowerShot S2 IS be able to get those detailed close-up pics? I remember seeing the word macro and this camera has a macro focus range 0-50 cm. Is that good enough for those extreme close-ups? Thank's for any help :thumbsup:.

Here is a link to the Canon PowerShot S2 IS.
http://dogpile.com.com/Canon_PowerShot_S2_IS/4507-6501_7-31354064.html?tag=sub

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragnet_Supporter said:
LOL! I know the feeling...I need to invest in a blasted camera myself on day soon.
At least you add those cool stories.....I got nothing. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Powershot will do a great job, just be sure to turn on the macro-mode. :)
If you are looking for an even cheaper camera, Canon's A-series would do very well too.

WOHOOOOOOO.... 500th post! :hat: :) :hat: :) :D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I use Canon A520 and it's a great value for the price. It has some manual settings, so you can play with aperture and time values to get the best results.

Darkwiz: If you're going to buy a camera which uses AA batteries, I recommend that you buy rechargable batteries ( with more than 2000 mAh ) and a good charger. Ordinary batteries ( even alkaline ) are useless in digital cameras.

Macs_Little_Car said:
If you can live with a 4X Zoom instead of a 12X, it would save you some bucks and about half the weight, plus boost you up from 5 megapixels to 7

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I use a Cannon Power Shot A520. It is a real good camera. But noticed there is a new updated version out now. I got it last year during Christmas. I usually play with the zoom. I cant complain on the pics i get.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank's for all the help guy's :thumbsup:. I'm gonna look into some of the other cameras that were mentioned. But within the month I'll be snapping away :). I was doing some research the past couple of hours and learned a couple of things. First they say it's good to be able to turn off the LCD screen to save battery life. Second is something Superbird77( Congrats on 500 :thumbsup: ) mentioned. And that is rechargeable batteries are a must.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts