Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit here at 4:18 am this morning having only gone to bed 2 hours ago awaiting the greatest time of the year. DEER SEASON for bow hunters is finally here. Hopefully with any luck i can get that buck i've seen all year daring me to come closer then woosh he's gone. This time i'm armed and ready. Sorry this is way off topic but i was bored and needed something to do for the next half hour. :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
Chad,

I was driving through the edge of a corn field 3 weeks ago (mowing down the corn,, long story) and came a round a corner and there was this nice little 6 point standing there looking at me, we watched each other and I grabbed my camera just as he walked into the woods, I pulled up to where he walked in and got this picture (sorry for the pixels - I forgot to set it on a higher quality) he was about 50 feet away, anyway, stood and looked at me for about 4 minutes then just strolled away

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
If I hunted all I have to do is sit on my deck and wait, last year had a 8 point laying down in my back woods, about 50 feet from my deck......kills my Brother-In-Law that they do this to me, but he can't get them near his house.

So far this year I've seen two bucks in the back yard, 4 point and 6 point.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
In my area of CT, we hunt deer every day of the year, with our cars! I remember when I was growing up the only place we would see deer was in a zoo, now they are alive and dead on the side of the road every day. I am surprised there are no surcharges on our car insurance for deer damage!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Im here in the heartland of Illinois. Going to hunt the edge of Shawnee national forest down southern IL. This year I will be fireams hunting only. I bought a new revolver this year, Smith & Wesson .500 magnum. This baby will knock em' down for sure. Have fun, and BE SAFE!

These young ones were right out the front at arount 8:30 am. They came from a srip of woods that ends right here in town.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
robmcin said:
Chad,

I was driving through the edge of a corn field 3 weeks ago (mowing down the corn,, long story) and came a round a corner and there was this nice little 6 point standing there looking at me, we watched each other and I grabbed my camera just as he walked into the woods, I pulled up to where he walked in and got this picture (sorry for the pixels - I forgot to set it on a higher quality) he was about 50 feet away, anyway, stood and looked at me for about 4 minutes then just strolled away

Yeah! He was saying to himself.... " Damn! That's one big human! Wish I had my gun!"

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I have them at my house all the time. My tom cat had one nosing his belly in front of my house. Cat would move about 10 feet over and lay down, deer would follow. Wish I had that on film. Live next to a highway and get a regular visiter who got too close. He is finally putting some weight on his front right leg and had a doe following him so he will be OK. I got my first on opening day the first time I went deer hunting, 12 gauge. I would rather just watch them now. Had one looking through the window into my house one morning. Just checking out the place I guess.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
fe428cj said:
I'll bet thats where WLN has been lately. ;) Drop by and visit us on race day Jeff. :thumbsup:

cj
actually WLN went to florida a few weeks ago to help with the cleanup and make some bucks,,,,,,,,,i hear he got home yesterday and is still sleeping,,,,,

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
dammitman said:
actually WLN went to florida a few weeks ago to help with the cleanup and make some bucks,,,,,,,,,i hear he got home yesterday and is still sleeping,,,,,
Thanks for the info Larry.

cj

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Finally found the pic

This is from last year, but we see this a lot off the deck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts