Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped to get gas on the way home yesterday. I live in a little town where nothing happens. I walk in and a guy in front of me is buying something. I'm getting out my money when I notice the guy in front of me has a pistol stuck down the back of his pants. He noticed his shirt was up and pulled it back down over the gun while looking around to see if anyone noticed. He paid and walked out continually looking over his shoulder. He was driving a flatbed towtruck with a nice car on it, so I think he must have been a repo man.

It was just made me a little nervous to walk into a gas station with a scruffy guy trying to hide a gun.

I didn't call the police since nothing happened, but should I have?

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
rwright329 said:
I stopped to get gas on the way home yesterday. I live in a little town where nothing happens. I walk in and a guy in front of me is buying something. I'm getting out my money when I notice the guy in front of me has a pistol stuck down the back of his pants. He noticed his shirt was up and pulled it back down over the gun while looking around to see if anyone noticed. He paid and walked out continually looking over his shoulder. He was driving a flatbed towtruck with a nice car on it, so I think he must have been a repo man.

It was just made me a little nervous to walk into a gas station with a scruffy guy trying to hide a gun.

I didn't call the police since nothing happened, but should I have?
If it was for business (which it sounds like it was), he probably had a permit. There are a lot of people that carry concealed weapons. In Alaska (at least in the 90s) as long as you were not in Anchorage, it was legal to carry them concealed, I carried a 357 fishing for four years.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Just my personal feelings, but I'd rather play it safe in this day and age and assume the worst ...... I wouldn't confront him about it, just in case he was a nutjob or worse, but I would've been right on the phone with a description of his vehicle and license plate.

Let him explain it to the Police if he IS "legal". What if you saw his picture on the news tonight, and you could've done something to prevent it?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Let it go... there are a LOT of people with concealed weapons permits and occasionally one is accidently exposed (less frequently than butt crack thankfully) but unless someone pulls/brandishes/threatens someone with the gun in a non-defensive act or is wearing it in a 'prohibited' area (varies by state) - you will be wasting a cops time. It does causes some concern sometimes...

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Does your state have a concealed carry law? I would ask a cop what you should do if it ever happens again in the future. I really don't know. Honest citizens carrying guns do not make me nervous. It's really a judgment call.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Please tell me this is photoshoped or at least NOT in Indiana.
I am sure it is not photoshopped. I have seen catfish at least that big come out of the Ohio river. Big enough to almost get a mans body into its mouth. :drunk:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man, I'm kinda disgusted with the responses on this subject. You make it out to be everyone with a firearm is a criminal. So what if he had a gun, we do have the right in this country to carry a firearm. He made no attempt to pull it out and use it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sounds as if the Brady Foundation has gotten to too many Americans and drilled in their heads that guns are bad. How many news articles have you ever read that a American citizen with a concealed weapons permit commit a crime? If the government takes our weapons away, then criminals will be the only americans carring weapons.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
HonCBRF4i said:
Man, I'm kinda disgusted with the responses on this subject. You make it out to be everyone with a firearm is a criminal. So what if he had a gun, we do have the right in this country to carry a firearm. He made no attempt to pull it out and use it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sounds as if the Brady Foundation has gotten to too many Americans and drilled in their heads that guns are bad. How many news articles have you ever read that a American citizen with a concealed weapons permit commit a crime? If the government takes our weapons away, then criminals will be the only americans carring weapons.
I'd have to say that one's feelings on this are related to where they live. Here in RI, it's not very rural, there aren't many reasons to HAVE a pistol tucked in ther back of your pants. Generally, if you were to see someone here carrying a pistol in that manner, it wouldn't be legal, he wouldn't be your "average" citizen. Elsewhere, it may be a different story, but in populated areas it's far from the norm and who'd want to take the risk that it was just an honest citizen with a permit?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts