Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to contact someone at Collectors Net USA prior to placing my first order with an OLD, and haven't had much luck getting hold of a live person. Did a little search here and saw that there are very mixed feelings here about their service, though none recently. Apparently the person in charge (Robert) was sent off to Iraq a while back. Don't know if he's still there or not (I'd be a little understanding of any slowness if he's serving our country).

Does anyone have any recent experiences - good or bad - with them, that they can share with us? I know of one area member who posted quite a while back that they took his money and never sent his cars. They seem to be the only people who have the cars I am looking for though. I don't want to just place an order and have my card billed without knowing for certain that they have the items.

Simply looking for feedback from HT members who have used them, not intended to turn into a bash thread .... but then again, if someone has poor service and deserves it .....

·
Registered
972 Posts
I used to deal with them pretty much exclusively until about a year and a half ago. After placing numerous pre-orders for JL sets, I noticed the sets were out in stores or with other OLD's and I never received them from CNUSA. I sent e-mail after e-mail., with no response. I finally tried calling, numerous times with no response there, either. At that point, I wanted to cancel some of my pre-orders with them, since I had found some of the sets in other places. I managed to get someone online, and said she would cancel the orders I wanted to cancel and ship out the remainder as they arrived in her stock. Well, I got one set a few days later, and never received any others, never heard anything and never bought from them again. Between the time I first noticed a problem and the time I was able to get someone to at least look at it, took about 4 months.To their credit, they never charged me for anything they did not ship to me, but their service was extremely slow, if it was present at all. I have since bought all of my JL's and Greenlights from Russ @ Milezone and can highly recommend him. The service is always fast, the orders are always correct, and the one time I did have a minor problem, he took care of it by phone and even remembered who I was just based on my past orders, even though we had never spoken by phone before. Just a great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
They used to send out a regular email, but that has stopped for some time now. I have no idea if they are still in business - they don't have any of the new releases on their site. The newsletters always indicated that other family members were still running the show while Robert was overseas. Maybe something changed.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The last order that I got from CNUSA was in the spring or early summer of 2006.
I am not sure what is happening there.
It took a while to get my order, but I did receive everything that I ordered.
I also believe that the company may have been experiencing some problems with the absense of Robert, the owner of CNUSA while he was away on military duty.
His wife, Joyce was trying to keep everything going.
I think that I only talked to Joyce once or twice in my dealings with CNUSA after Robert left for active duty.
As 60sMetal stated, CNUSA has not sent out their montly newsletter in a long time.
Not much else that I can contribute.

Carnut, have you tried sending them an e-mail?
Or try telephoning them.

Maybe, we have a member or two in the Dallas-Fort Worth area who can shed more light on the latest happenings with the company.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have called them, three times now, leaving voicemail each time. I understand that people are busy, and want to cut some slack for a business who's owner is off serving our country; but if I don't hear back from someone after a third call, they're not showing me much in the way of customer service. I'll have to keep looking elsewhere I suppose.

Sounds like no one is saying they've had a positive experience with CNUSA in the past year?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The last newsletter I got from them was August of 2006.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I also bought from them several times in the past . Had good service then . But in the last year theyve seem to have dropped the ball big time ... Maybe something happened to the owner while he is in Iraq ??? I havent ordered from them in quite a while ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts