Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving around with the check engine light on in my car for about a year now. It was something to do with exhaust recirculation and/or catalitic converter. A couple days ago, I started the car and the light was off. After driving fifty miles it still hasn't come back on.

Either the car magically fixed itself or the light bulb burned out.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Simple test:

Turn key on, but don't start car

does light come on?

It should...

I think its burnt out, those little peanut bulbs don't last long at all, and if its been over a year, im pretty sure its burnt out by now

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Mine stopped for a while, but it came back on again. Same problem with emissions. You know, the cleaner burning gas that also burns twice as fast. And of course, gas prices are on the rise again as spring nears, who do the gas companies think they are fooling?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
It could have fixed itself.

For instance: During the chase scene in the Steve McQueen movie "Bullet", the Dodge Charger lost a hubcap, and in the next scene it miraculously fell back on the wheel of the car.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
My ranger did a similar thing this week. the Check Engine Light had been on since 2003 acording to the previous owner, and I noticed it was out the other day. I restarted the truck to do the bulb test, bulb was still good, made a right turn, light came on, made a left turn, light went off. Checked around under the hood, found a plug that wasnt all the way seated on the EGR valve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts