Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Fest related for me that is.

I wanted to share this with my HTBB freinds so you would know what a nut case I am.

After over 20 years with the same company I have found it necessary to move on. I found a new job and it will require me to work more time and have a longer commute. About a month before the Fest I went to a interview and they told me to bring my stuff and start as soon as possible. Being that my current job doe's not know I am leaving yet I want to give the fair two weeks notice. There in lyes the problem. I HAD to tell my new job that I could not start until after I went to Lightning Fest.
So when I get back from the Fest I will either be unemployed or starting a new job. Can you imagine Fest meaning this much to someone???

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

GOOSE CHICKEN �

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hear ya Goose! Im on a temporary lay-off right now, and I got a slot car show in 2 weeks. Im rolling up loose change and WALKING about 5 miles so I dont have to gas up my truck. (Better to spend the cash on slot cars then gasoline I will never actually get to see any way!! LOL)
Most places give you the time before starting a new job if you tell them you already have something planned. My girlfriend started a new job today, and they already have her October and January vacations penciled in! Rest east, enjoy the fest, and good luck with your new job!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hey there GC,
That's both good and bad news. First, it's a shame after all those good years that you and your (former) employer could not come to terms and now you will have to put in more time and have a longer commute. Twenty years experience accounts for a lot in any field.. The good news is that your new employer sounds like he really needs/wants you on the staff, so I think they'll wait until the Fest is over. At least you were up-front with them instead of starting work, then telling them you will need time off now. They should respect your blatant honesty. I'm sure you'll prosper in your new work environment. I wouldn't let it shadow your time at the Fest, though. Everything will work out just fine, Goose.
Think Positive and go have a great time.:wave:

Cheers

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JPR I sent you a pm with my # I'll pick you up so you don't have to walk to Parsippany. My Van can hold a extra person no problem. I may even end up there with Chet from www.vroomvroomhobbies.com

Boss9 Thanks for all the kind word in your posts. They are appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts