Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current news is a crash of a Blue Angels jet. Pilot killed. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best.

I wonder what the cause will be.

This hasn't been a good week in our country.

What next???????

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i was at the flea market and 4 jets flying low super fast went over the building and everyone stepped out to watch. thay were heading to south carolina.i told my dad something must be wrong because we usally dont get 4 together. when we got home i got on the computer and saw that one had crashed. very sad day indeed.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I haven't gotten the real story, but that's awful. I watched the Blue Angles all the time when I was growing up, had about 4 different sets of the planes - those guys are incredible. But, when you only have 3-4 inches to spare at the speeds those guys fly at, you always have a risk.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very sad, there were just here last weekend, flew right over the house & rattled the windows & scared the bejesus out of the dogs for three days....still an incredible sight and well worth seeing.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I love seeing these planes.
They always come to the local freedom weekend aloft we have here every year[balloon show].
This show just got moved right near my house so I`ll definately be going to see them this year again.I did live right beside the old air force base here and I have tons of pics of these flying over my house.
I hate to hear about another crash.I believe they had one about 10-12 years ago also.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
glhshelby said:
I love seeing these planes.
They always come to the local freedom weekend aloft we have here every year[balloon show].
This show just got moved right near my house so I`ll definately be going to see them this year again.I did live right beside the old air force base here and I have tons of pics of these flying over my house.
I hate to hear about another crash.I believe they had one about 10-12 years ago also.
I think the last crash was in 1999. They've been around since 1946 and have lost about 45 pilots. It is sad about the loss.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Wow, I just read that to celebrate one of his first performances with the Angels, the pilot's parents were in the crowd and witnessed the crash. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts