Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad sold the '89 Accord about a week ago, then on Saturday we picked this up...

A 2005 Honda Civic Si. Probably not most you all's cup of tea, but I love the thing. It drives infinately better than anything I'm used to (Volvo, MPV, Accord), has a pretty stiff ride(which I like), and I love the gearstick location.

So after 3 days I'm loving the thing, just thought I'd share with you guys, thanks for looking :wave:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not quite, but it didn't give me any trouble the first time I drove it. It's alot closer to the wheel than a floor mounted one, which is nice.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Geez, as long as they're moving it that far, why not go all the way and mount it on the column? Teach these youngsters the real meaning of "old school". :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
scrambler81 said:
Geez, as long as they're moving it that far, why not go all the way and mount it on the column? Teach these youngsters the real meaning of "old school". :thumbsup:
Three on a tree, now that was a challange. Used to own a Ford van with a three on the tree.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I had a 2002 Civic Si. Ah, I miss the old "Egg" as my girls used to call it. The gear shift location takes about a day to get used to and then it is great. Check out a rally car race sometime. I did find the cable actuated shifter a little sketchy when banging third from second, I much prefered the direct linkage on my '99 Si...yes those were the good old days...and for anyone wondering how I got my screen name, now you know.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a Honda. I'm guessing it was from the '60's. The gear shift lever came out from under the dash and it was air cooled. It was fun.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
GO-GTO said:
Looks like driving is turning into a video game. :)
Yup, shift-by-wire is already in production, we are working on steer-by-wire and brake-by-wire at this point - the hard part is making it foolproof when if (when ;) ) electronics fail. :wave:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
ozmont said:
I learned to drive a stick on a Honda. I'm guessing it was from the '60's. The gear shift lever came out from under the dash and it was air cooled. It was fun.
I learned on 2 of them. One was an early 80's Accord that we weren't supposed to have out... we were only 15. Buddy of mine knew where his parents hid the keys. We made it to the pizzeria in one piece, but we decided that he better not drive us home if we wanted to stay that way... apparently those parking lot sessions with Dad weren't enough. I got nominated to drive home since I was the car freak of the group. Didn't even stall it once, never drove a stick before that.

The other was an '85 or so Prelude. This one we had permission to take out. That was a SWEET ride...

--rick

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
Three on a tree, now that was a challange. Used to own a Ford van with a three on the tree.
Now there's a blast from the past! My mother had a '67 Ford Custom six cylinder with 3 on the tree that I learned on. It was a buckin' bronco at first!! :p

Sharp looking car jedimario! :cool: Enjoy! Thanks for the pics. :)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nice ride, would look COOL with blue flames!
Learned the shifting thing in a '63 Biscayne wagon with the ever popular three on the tree.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Now there's a blast from the past! My mother had a '67 Ford Custom six cylinder with 3 on the tree that I learned on. It was a buckin' bronco at first!! :p

Sharp looking car jedimario! :cool: Enjoy! Thanks for the pics. :)
I learned on my parents 1966 Mercury Comet Capri with a 289 V8 and 3 on the tree!
Speed shifting that thing smoothly from 1st to 2nd was a dramatic looking event, but slamming it down into 3rd always had me worred that I was going to bend or break off the shift lever. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts