Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the Diecast collector forum but wanted to reach out to a little further demographic, for any insight.

While waiting for delivery of an auction lot, of series 3 TD cars,the seller had run into a snag.
My concernes led me to email the seller on the progress of my order.

the reply I received was this;

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I had thought I had passed along the latest word, but apparently I hadn't...

The short version is that I am expecting these vehicles in soon, but I don't have any definite word yet as to when that will be.

The longer version is that Toy Zone (the company that produces these vehicles) has been sold to some closeout company. Many people there have been laid off, including the manager who was the liaison to my supplier. Those people who are left there, are not quite as helpful as the previous manager, which is why I can't give you a more definite timetable.

The good news is that existing orders are being filled and you will receive the rest of your order as soon as they arrive. I have paid my supplier to ship all of my outstanding orders the moment they arrive. This way you will not have to wait for me to receive them first. Once this has taken place, it is not known if they are going to continue to produce these vehicles anymore.

I do apologize for this horrific delay. I realize how frustrating this must be for you and I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I can only thank you at this point for the patience and understanding you have shown thus far.

If you should have any other questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. I will keep you updated the moment I hear any definite word.

If anybody can shed some light on this,I would be truly appreciative.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Hmmmmmmm not that Toy Zone has the following that the name JL has but perhaps a way for someone to get back into die-cast with a direct previous relationship (Fearless Funny Cars, Wacky Winners etc) after a certain non-compete has expired? That would be cool.

Then again if these sold well the first time, perhaps they wouldn't be in this situation. Thing is, I loved these castings but had a terrible time finding them and after RobDogs thread wanted to wait and see how his order went. Can't get these but I can find all sorts of Donks, Pimps and other rolling turds. Story of my life.:p

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,I finally got that order from the offending dealer.
(who,with the order,sent his business cards ...yeah,ok,sure:rolleyes: )

The cars were nice though,they had the redlines.

Unfortunately,I can't open those, until I have a set that can be kept in the plasto-pack.(If the other set has no redlines,I'll most likely open those instead)

I've got an email sent to Mr Daniel.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I've known about this for a couple of weeks since I know Robert Neumann,the designer of some of the Hot Rod Underground cars. This was a huge disappointment for him since it was his first major diecast design project. The guy has some major talent. Hopefully he's able to hook up with another company because some of his designs are awesome!

·
Registered
405 Posts
The buzz I've been hearing is that the resumes are flying around. Also Toyzone is marketing (pimping) their tooling...

Also Yat Ming I hear is having some troubles... it's a very tough time to be in diecast ...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
This is extremely interesting. I am in the process of setting up a new OLD diecast website. Toy Zone is one of the companies that I have been speaking with. They have made everything sound good and have told me I could start business with them right away. I guess I wont be making any orders yet until I hear some more about this :confused:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Yup it's tough on the diecast manufacturer's right now, and I am sure there are a few to follow. :( Reminds me of the Baseball craze years ago, we had tons of new companies dipping into cards, and then the bottom dropped and only the "strong" survived. No different here, Toy Zone products were very slow sellers for us, we dropped that account back in Phoenix.

As for a past "non compete" person to take over the line, they better bring some big bats, or they will be striking out big time. Kinda like a repeat one is doing now.

Just my dimes worth, now who has some change? :rolleyes:

Russ

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
darkwiz said:
It's like the car companies GM & Ford. Maybe JL's will merge with HW's. :) Oh my! Who's name would go first on the sign.
Maybe Richard Branson can bail them out? He's been throwing around a few bucks lately.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Boston Matt said:
Maybe Richard Branson can bail them out? He's been throwing around a few bucks lately.
3 Billion over 10 yrs would help any company out :thumbsup:. Especially DARKWIZ INC :).

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
RobDog said:
Thanks Matt.

That sounds promising.
TD never did answer my email.
He must not like you. :tongue: I received a similar email response back from him last week. He responded to mine within hours.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did sound kinda whiney there,didn't I? :p

I'm sure it's not a matter of not liking me, it's more like here on HT,I'm invisible.;)

who am I kidding...ok,yer right,he doesn't like me........:cry: :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts