Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
565 Posts
I was shocked when I heard... I was thinking to myself what the heck happened to this world, you can't even take your family to go see batman without some nut case opening fire. It absolutely disgusts me.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Agreed. Just a reminder, for whatever reason, we have no guarantees on tomorrow, so live today.
I was shocked when I heard... I was thinking to myself what the heck happened to this world, you can't even take your family to go see batman without some nut case opening fire. It absolutely disgusts me.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You know, not to draw up bad memories, but it's true: Live for TODAY! None of us need to be reminded of two numbers: 9-11. Many of those ppl thought they were going to live to see 9-12.

Be grateful for every day that The Man Upstairs grants you!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I agree. What bothers me in this case (not being American myself) is that nobody will see this as a good reason to do something about the fact that every man and his dog is allowed to carry a gun according to the constitution. That's the sad part in my books.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not every man and his dog, there are background checks and such in place, he had a clean arrest record, which would have helped him get one..

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I agree. What bothers me in this case (not being American myself) is that nobody will see this as a good reason to do something about the fact that every man and his dog is allowed to carry a gun according to the constitution. That's the sad part in my books.
Do not live in Texas then as everyone carries a gun ... Okay close to everyone.... If my memory serves me right.... I believe it is still legal to shoot a person who breaks into your home in Texas..... Here in California, if you were to shoot a person who is breaking in your home, you the home owner would be arrested for man slaughter or attempted man slaughter.

Anyone here that lives in Texas that can confirm this ... Chime in ....

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
To have or not to have that is the question?

This loner had no life, He lived in a fantasy.....a soccer player and this movie was his calling card....To me I think in his head, like the Joker in the last movie of Batman, he protrayed himself like him....A killer, and all the glory, news, and his victims all glorify....from newspapers, interviews, text books and movies.....and we fuel it because we love the villains vs heros....but in the sick mind of a person like this, who had no girlfriends, a bad childhood, locks himself in a room to avoid being pick on or beat up, and can't hold a job or gets rejected by society.....No one can see it until its too late....then this happens, Guns?...no my friends....Society kills people....When a person falls in hard times, can't feed his family and Gov't ingores his cry for help and they turn on him.. then he turn on us..you can have all the Gun Laws in place but whats to stop a person that been step on and nothing to lose but to steals a loaded gas tanker truck into a mall or supermarket or a school yard fill with kids....Look what happen in Japan in a Subway Station there was no guns involved, or the arson in the Bronx Club that killed over 80 people back in the 80's.again no guns involved...Society.....but this doesn't mean that the victims had it coming either......My friends at the World Trade Ctr didn't have to die....So what Gun laws is really going to do for us??.....I rather live in Texas, because there I wouldn't have to worry going to jail for killing a demented person in public like this person who did that to unarm folks....Please my friends this is just my opinion....But sometimes things like this wish I was there to stop it one shot to the head and two to the heart.....save the tax payer the time and money...Again just my opinion and I'm sorry if I offendent anybody here at HT....am just hurting over all this...

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Do not live in Texas then as everyone carries a gun ... Okay close to everyone.... If my memory serves me right.... I believe it is still legal to shoot a person who breaks into your home in Texas..... Here in California, if you were to shoot a person who is breaking in your home, you the home owner would be arrested for man slaughter or attempted man slaughter.

Anyone here that lives in Texas that can confirm this ... Chime in ....
I do admit a LOT of people in Texas own guns. At least most (I hope) are responsible about it, even though it's in the 2nd amendment. It's a republican (mostly) state, what can you say. Folks are nice for the most part, just avoid the dark alleys...

To the gun debate argument--- I'm not particularly for the owning of guns, but it's in the consitution and it WON'T get banned or eliminated especially with powerful groups like the NRA. I'm ok with responsible usage,,, self defense + hunting or recreation...

I don't know what would/could've been done to prevent tragedies such as this from happening... There's tons of lonely people but man, what a sad day.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I just read the article about this. Totally insane. I don't even know what to think about it.

Lately I've been working along with a co worker. We discuss various things. One thing we talk about is people like this.I often wonder why people can act is disillusion but not talk to someone about it. I strongly feel that if I ever had an unjust thought I could talk to someone.Or even goto the police and tell them I'm a threat. I also wonder if that would prevent anything.

Its tragic to see something like this. We really need to take back the country

Live for the moment no matter how bad it is, it could be worse

1 - 20 of 36 Posts