Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a pic of EVH taken a few days ago .... man, life has been rough for this guy lately. Read a report that he's gone downhill on coke and crystal meth (he finally entered rehab this week). Not a huge Van Halen fan, but this pic really struck home

Then:

Now:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
VH is supposed to be touring with DLR singing lead. Michael Anthony is being replaced by Eddie's son, Wolfgang. If Eddie is in that rough shape, makes one wonder how the shows will be... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
VH is supposed to be touring with DLR singing lead. Michael Anthony is being replaced by Eddie's son, Wolfgang. If Eddie is in that rough shape, makes one wonder how the shows will be... :rolleyes:
i heard today that the tour has been put off

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
WhiteLightning said:
i heard today that the tour has been put off
That's correct, tour canceled. DLR and EVH just can't get along. Velvet Revolver is supposed to be performing the VH songs for them since they are too screwed up to do it themselves. Truly a waste of so much potential, well since 1984 I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'm going to jump all over this one! How many guitar players are here? How many wish they could do what he has done? I was at a Black Sabbath concert with VH for a back up. VH blew Sabbath off the stage! Wanna guess where Eddie learned his finger pickin? Ace from KISS. What we knew was young then. Eddie is awesome! I lost a lot of faith with "Diamond Dave". He went Hollywood! We get old, it happens. Dont damn us for it! Can you imagine spending your entire young life in a tour bus? Just because you can!
Would you do it if you could?
By the way, no one brought up Elvis.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
It's too bad. He is a great performer. I saw him a long time ago - probably close to 20 years ago, first Sammy "Van Hagar" tour - and he was flat out awesome. Hopefully he can pull it together.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
VH was awesome in their day ! I saw them a couple of times and they were great every time . Eddie rocked but we all know drugs will kill you .

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks like Eddie and Keith's pictures could be the "poster child" to teach us about the consequences that substance abuse and hard living have on your body!
Ask your children if they want to grow up to look like that?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Wow between drugs and val leaving him he has really gone down hill. Too bad honestly,Eddie is an awesome guiter player. Definetly a top five in my book.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
He did or still does have cancer, other than that its rock n roll lifestyle, at least he made past 27, unlike some others. If he's gone to rehab all the power to him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts