Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
i checked it this morning. go to winmx and download it. there were several versions on that title. some by ray stevens, dr. demento,and others. hope this helps. also if you haven't used winmx before it's a very small download with no spyware garbage like kazaa. hope this helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chadms,
i downloaded the software and installed in. though during the install, it gave some sort of error, but continued to install. then i ran the program but when i clicked a song to download, it would never download.
i know that's a bit vague, but i would have to try and install it again to remember the exact error messages.

·
Registered
574 Posts
hhmmmmmm. not sure what it would be. maybe something setup wierd on your puter blocking it. possibly it just didn't download correctly and something got corrupted. i might try the download again. just my opinion. could be wrong. if this doesn't work i could download it for you and email it to you if you want. just let me know which version and artist you are looking for. hope i can help.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I had never heard of winmx until now so I went and downloaded it. I didn't get any error messages but same as you I can't seem to download a song. I can seach it and find it but when I click to download, nothing happens. I'm going to play with it some more tonight, maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for introducing me to it though Chadms!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
slimwhitman said:
I have the 45 rpm
That's a 35 year old tune.....if we are talking the same version.
I loved the "B" side of that one! :lol: :lol:

For all those too young, too old, too stoned to remember, same song, just recorded backwards. :freak:

·
Registered
574 Posts
never seen that error. what do you use as a firewall? pony are you doing a primary or secondary connection? always use the secondary it works better. also if a song has more users the better. also a user can deny a download if he wants to be an ass. most everyone is really good about sharing. finally only the songs in the green are availiable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as far as i'm aware of i don't use a firewall.
i have DSL and use Proxomitron for a pop-up blocker.
i just start Proxomitron and then MS internet explorer and go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
hey, it worked!
i just waited a bit longer after clicking the song to download.
this is cool :)

edit: or maybe not. i've tried about 10 times and have only been able to download 2.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts