Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something real new I'm starting. I dont get out much and when I do it gets real frustrating. On one trip I picked up a pretty cool Harley for want of a decent JL. Only a couple of bucks. On my last visit to Wall- Mart I actually had, I cant believe it. A Poker car in my hand. Just couldnt do it (sorry to any Poker series fans). Picked up a Martin Bros. raked out Harley custom for about $5.50. I may be on to something here. I can see these being a real pain to dust. Thought about putting an extra 3" wide shelf in my display case. I dont ride but I do appreciate a nice bike. I had some smaller ones when I was younger. This may just get me through the next couple of months.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I have a real Triumph Bonneville rat bike (650cc) .20 over to make it?

I have some diecast. A large Indian with saddle bags and all, some smaller items that come in clear little boxes that WalMart sells for under 2.00. Pretty cool too, they look about 1:24th and are all vintage bikes like Harleys and Indians.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Does anyone collect bikes??
Let's see, how about
148 West Coast Choppers
plus
45 Hot Wheels
5 Martin Bros.
and a bunch of others!

And, yes, I do have a full size custom Harley.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a 1985 Bianchi Superleggera with all Campy super record components, celeste, assembled from a frame direct from their Reparto Course (still have the box!) and components bought mail order and from local bike shops. She's a beauty! Also have an un-assembled white metal model of a 1959 Bianchi race bike.

Oh, yeah, and quite a few HWs too!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
NWovalfan said:
I have a 1985 Bianchi Superleggera with all Campy super record components, celeste, assembled from a frame direct from their Reparto Course (still have the box!) and components bought mail order and from local bike shops. She's a beauty! Also have an un-assembled white metal model of a 1959 Bianchi race bike.

Oh, yeah, and quite a few HWs too!
You need to talk with my brother. His "Beater" bike DuraAce equipped Lightspeed Titanium model. His new bike is the top of the line Trek that Lance rides. He has done some rides Lance was at hasn't raised enough $ to ride with him yet. He has done parts of the Tour de France route with his buddies. Must be nice to have money.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
You need to talk with my brother. His "Beater" bike DuraAce equipped Lightspeed Titanium model. His new bike is the top of the line Trek that Lance rides. He has done some rides Lance was at hasn't raised enough $ to ride with him yet. He has done parts of the Tour de France route with his buddies. Must be nice to have money.
Don't get me started..... An old biking buddy of mine was in town (actually about 150 miles away) for his daughter's wedding. A couple of days after the wedding we went back to visit and see his house. And go for a ride; he wanted to show off his new bike. Cannondale 7, carbon-fiber/aluminum, carbon Campy brake levers & derailleurs; weighs about as much as a 2 litre bottle of Coke. Cost about 4 grand less than a Toyota Yaris! I am pretty out of shape, but still ride a couple times a week; took my old dependable Bianchi (not the nice one) on the ride with him. Thought I was going to die! From both exhaustion and lust for his bike!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
i just put together a beater Schwinn Stingray knockoff from old parts... Sears Spyder frame made by Huffy, the rest of the stuff off a Columbia girls' bike I bought at Goodwill for 5 bucks. it's ratty and all, but it reminds me of the old banana seat bikes I had as a kid... fun to ride around the block with the kids...

--rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts