Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baggertransport Rheinbraun AG
Bagger 288

This is an actual machine - not a Shopped image.

The Freightliner & Ford threads made me want to find something JUMBO-SIZED.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You wanna see big? Have you seen the Space Shuttle transporter? Search for pics of that thing and post 'em. It's enormous. I dunno how it compares to that buggarschitzl thingy...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
shuttle transporter

Here it is...
And some stats to go with it

Explanation: NASA's Crawler-Transporters are the largest tracked vehicles in existence. Although the crawlers pack over 5,000 horsepower, their top speed is less than two kilometers per hour when fully loaded. Eleven people are needed to drive a single crawler. Diesel fuel mileage is about 350 liters per kilometer (less than 0.007 miles per gallon). The crawler's function is to move NASA's space shuttles -- complete with launch platforms -- from the Assembly Building to the Launch Pad at Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA. Two of these massive machines have operated since the Apollo era and have now crawled over 4,000 kilometers, all the while keeping their contents perfectly upright. In this picture a crawler transports the shuttle Columbia to the pad prior to its March 1st launch on the latest Hubble Space Telelescope Servicing Mission

It looks like the Baggertransport Bagger 288 is bigger and would cut one heck of a trench in just about anything...

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You have whaaa? A bunch of jibberish?...lol :tongue:

Quote from your Stats: "Brooks, bridges, current masts, railroad lines, roads and motorways are the obstacles, which an excavator must overcome during its ueberfuehrungsfahrt."

What's that last word? uberfart? :lol:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsche911GT3 said:
You have whaaa? A bunch of jibberish?...lol :tongue:

"ueberfuehrungsfahrt."

What's that word? uberfart? :lol:
That is why I prefaced it with Google-translated :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts