Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me 'splain:
Today's a huge blowout game between the NY Giants and the Dallas Cowboys. Now I live 5 min. from Giants Stadium and it should be obvious who I'm rooting for. However, my darling Tena is a HUGE Cowboys fan. My Giants and her Cowboys are playing here at home. I'm almost afraid to see my giants win...or I may be sleepin' on the couch (LOL).

Any you guys ever have football rivalry with your lady?

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
My wife's thoughts on football are "Why do you waste every Sunday on that crap?" Now my daughter is a big Bears fan. At least I have a femail to watch a game with.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My family has had Eagles season tickets since 1970, they've been all mine since the mid-80s. My wife's family has had them since 1960 - before she was born - and she has been to more games than I have, including their first Superbowl appearance. We actually own 4 seats, but we sell two to a friend, so we've only got two seats between four people. Now that we are on a tighter budget, and now that our sons are clamoring for seat time, our only rivalry is who gets to go to the game, and which kid gets to go.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and the Giants won. And no, I'm not sleepin' on the couch! YIPPEE!!!!

Cowboys still okay (8-4) while Giants are 7-5; if I'm not mistaken, Dallas has the wild card advantage.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

Cowboys still okay (8-4) while Giants are 7-5; if I'm not mistaken, Dallas has the wild card advantage.
It's lonely being a Vikings fan in Cowboy country, I feel for you.
My wife's not a fan, but she's very understanding.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
My wife is a fan of another STATE university different from the one I graduated from and am a fan of. But thankfully, she cares nothing for sports, so I get to go to my alma mater's games instead of having to go north and sit through one of theirs.

As for NFL, everybody loves the Saints first, Brett Favre second (which was easy to do when the Saints were terrible and Green Bay was good, but not so easy this year that the Saints are undefeated and Vikings are 10-2!).

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for NFL, everybody loves the Saints first, Brett Favre second (which was easy to do when the Saints were terrible and Green Bay was good, but not so easy this year that the Saints are undefeated and Vikings are 10-2!).

Only 'cause the Saints are undefeated yet this season; of course, one could swing the pendulum and go for the Cleveland Browns or the losingest team in the League-Detroit Lions!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My girlfriends family is as hard core Bears as my family is Steelers... luckily for me it didn't take too much to get her wearing the Black & Gold :D

('09 Steelers... RIP, there's always next year :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
My wife and I are tried and true Pats fans and our older son is a very loyal Vikings fan. He and his buddy flew to Arizona to see the Vikes/Cards game. The Patriots blew their game and the Vikings got spanked. It was not a good Sunday all around.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
whats "football"?
Just in case you are not from the States, Football is a game similar to rugby with lots of different rules. What other countries call footballm we here in the US call it soccer. Football is a domestic sport with lots of money and large numbers of fans for each team.
I hope this answers your question.
Richard

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

At the moment, Dallas still leads the division because they beat the Eagles last month, and the Eagles hold the first wildcard spot. Of course, Dallas has to face some killer teams in the next few weeks, and they end the season against the Eagles, so that game could be huge. With the Eagles playing the Giants and Cowboys in the next few weeks, the NFC East should be real interesting right up until the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts