Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
very nice car.`Cuda prices seem to have dropped off this year because of BJ finding so many at this years auction. I`m sure it would have brought a million last year and it may again. Of course if it was a 71 they seem to go almost double quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Seems a little silly to spend over half a million dollars on a car that sold terribly in its day. On the other hand, if you had found a cuda a couple of years ago and restored it and then sold it, you made off like a bandit!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
craftymore said:
Seems a little silly to spend over half a million dollars on a car that sold terribly in its day. On the other hand, if you had found a cuda a couple of years ago and restored it and then sold it, you made off like a bandit!
It may have sold terribly in its day, but that is a major reason it is worth so much now. They made a couple hundred Hemi Cudas at most in a 2-3 year period, mainly due to the cost of the option and high insurance rates. Since they are so rare, people are going crazy to get them and will pay BIG money to acquire one. Prices on Hemi Cudas have dropped somewhat though due to the number of them up for sale now in addition to all the recreation ones being done.

I'd like to see more Chargers, '71 Roadunners and Superbees, Superbirds and Charger Daytonas coming up for sale. I couldn't even imagine what my dad's Daytona would bring because of its uniqueness!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
It may have sold terribly in its day, but that is a major reason it is worth so much now. They made a couple hundred Hemi Cudas at most in a 2-3 year period, mainly due to the cost of the option and high insurance rates. Since they are so rare, people are going crazy to get them and will pay BIG money to acquire one. Prices on Hemi Cudas have dropped somewhat though due to the number of them up for sale now in addition to all the recreation ones being done.
well said :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
........ I couldn't even imagine what my dad's Daytona would bring because of its uniqueness!
Don't ever let that one leave the family!!!

It just blows me away to see what people spend on seventies era muscle cars. The driving force has to be emotional. Emotions can drain your wallet!
*wishes he had a wallet big enough to be drained for a restored '70 - '71 Challenger* ;)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Don't ever let that one leave the family!!!

It just blows me away to see what people spend on seventies era muscle cars. The driving force has to be emotional. Emotions can drain your wallet!
*wishes he had a wallet big enough to be drained for a restored '70 - '71 Challenger* ;)
I don't think he will, which is a good thing. The only thing that drives me nuts is that it sits in the garage and cannot be driven. :freak:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts