Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, and Tony Stewart will be among the top 10 by the end of the season.

Dale Jr. will have a poor season due to the stress of losing majority ownership of DEI to his wicked stepmother.

Greg Biffle will break the record for most wrecks by one driver in a single season.

Mark Martin will be granted the deletion of restrictor plates in all super speedway races to compensate for the handicap of drag which results from his in-tow colostomy bag.

Ryan Newman eats a baby to prove that he wasn't as nasty to fans in the past as they thought he was... until now.

Jimmie Johnson will get fined by the FCC for indecency when he is found nude in a bathroom stall with Jeff Gordon. This will also make Micheal Waltrip insanely jealous.

Darrel Waltrip will replace his catchphrase "boogity boogity" with "shake and bake" which will instigate his assasination by a disgruntled and annoyed fan.

NASCAR adds foam padding to the outside of race helmets and requires drivers to be equipped with boxing gloves by the end of the season.

Safety commitee also discusses plans for 2008 season to consist of remotely-controlled vehicles for ultimate driver safety. They also introduce Daewoo to Nextel Cup, and Honda and Kia to Craftsman Truck series. Busch series is renamed to the YouTube series.

Those are my predictions and I'm sticking to them. Anyone want to put some money down on them?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Dale Jr. doesn't own any of DEI, so he can't lose what he don't have. Can we safely assume from all of this that you don't much care for NASCAR?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took this from another site, so yeah.

I do care about nascar somewhat, but not as much as other series (WRC, Grand Am, ect.)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
in2deep said:
Jimmie Johnson will get fined by the FCC for indecency when he is found nude in a bathroom stall with Jeff Gordon. This will also make Micheal Waltrip insanely jealous.
The pool boy that Jeff was with when his wife found them is gonna have something to say about that :freak:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
in2deep said:
Ryan Newman eats a baby to prove that he wasn't as nasty to fans in the past as they thought he was... until now.

Safety commitee also discusses plans for 2008 season to consist of remotely-controlled vehicles for ultimate driver safety. They also introduce Daewoo to Nextel Cup, and Honda and Kia to Craftsman Truck series. Busch series is renamed to the YouTube series.

Those are my predictions and I'm sticking to them. Anyone want to put some money down on them?
LOL
:jest: :jest: :roll: :jest: :jest:

:) :thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:
http://www.myspace.com/midnightrunturbo

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Two things here:

This is a family board so some of these comments dont belong on here.

There is a NASCAR board on HT where this should be posted if aloud.

So Master Matt where are you???????

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I don't mean to be negative here, but NASCAR seems to be becoming Toyota's little promotional tool. All I've heard the last few weeks about Michael Waltrip and Toyota. They can't have one show where they don't mention how great of a driver Michael is (since when, he wins when his teammates block and when it rains) and how much of a genius he is for putting 3 teams together in the off season (he has other people do that for him). I have no respect for Toyota (for cheating with BDR 3 years ago and Waltrip last week and buying NASCAR), NASCAR (for being bought by Toyota), Michael Waltrip (like he didn't know his crew chief used jet fuel!), or Dale Jarrett (for selling out, you know Toyota is just using him for the provisionals). It's really becoming the sport of who has the most money. This top 35 team points being locked in rule has knocked some opportunities out of the game. What was wrong with the old way? Maybe teams should come prepared or go home, not show up and laugh at those who qualify faster than them but don't make it in.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Wyatt said:
I don't mean to be negative here, but NASCAR seems to be becoming Toyota's little promotional tool. All I've heard the last few weeks about Michael Waltrip and Toyota. They can't have one show where they don't mention how great of a driver Michael is (since when, he wins when his teammates block and when it rains) and how much of a genius he is for putting 3 teams together in the off season (he has other people do that for him). I have no respect for Toyota (for cheating with BDR 3 years ago and Waltrip last week and buying NASCAR), NASCAR (for being bought by Toyota), Michael Waltrip (like he didn't know his crew chief used jet fuel!), or Dale Jarrett (for selling out, you know Toyota is just using him for the provisionals). It's really becoming the sport of who has the most money. This top 35 team points being locked in rule has knocked some opportunities out of the game. What was wrong with the old way? Maybe teams should come prepared or go home, not show up and laugh at those who qualify faster than them but don't make it in.
How the heck did Dale Jarrett "sell out"? His contract was up, and his team at RYR has been having problems for the last few years. He got offered a better deal and new opportunities by Toyota. Tell me, you're unhappy in your job, nothing seems to go right anymore, and you're going to turn down a chance to go somewhere else where you might be better off? Who knows? It might turn out better for Yates as well. After 12 years together, maybe things needed to be shaken up a bit.
As for Waltrip and Toyota, did you really believe they wouldn't promote it? The worlds biggest carmaker is running NASCAR for the first time, and Michael Waltrip is their lead driver. Whether you like it or not, that is very big news in NASCAR land, and it will be all year.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
It's unfortunately become more of a media event than stock car racing. Before long, it will probably become "staged" like some wrestling events (WWE, et al). Just let them race. Geesh.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Inciteful I agree that these are not stock cars, they really don't have anything in common with what we drive. However most of this is being done to level the playing field and protect the drivers. Did you see the truck race? It's a shame not all races can end that way but I think that's what Nascar is trying to do. When I was a kid I was a Petty fan, I have to tell you that while I was happy to see him win a race, it wasn't exciting when he won by three laps.

Wyatt, Toyota doesn't need Nascar to sell cars, they're already out selling the American brands. I do agree with you about the teams being locked in. I would like to see Derick Cope in more races. Did I hear correctly that GM is considering buying Chrysler or visa versa? With Ford on the ropes will we be down to the big 1? The USA will have as many car companies as Sweden and South Korea?

Oh, in case you couldn't tell I'm a fan, go DJ!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I used to be a big fan of nascar (look at my HT name). I know their fan base has been getting bigger the last few years, but I think some of their old fans have been dropping to the side. It started with me when they took a front wheel drive, 4 door family car (Taurus) and put it on the track. I did like the Thunderbirds. All the cars are the same now, chassis, transmissions, rearends all the same. Motors and decals are different. Does seem like alot of rules, let em race. I do understand they need to slow them down on some tracks. At over 200 mph they do tend to takeoff and fly when turned sideways.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
bumpercar88 said:
Inciteful I agree that these are not stock cars, they really don't have anything in common with what we drive. However most of this is being done to level the playing field and protect the drivers. Did you see the truck race? It's a shame not all races can end that way but I think that's what Nascar is trying to do. When I was a kid I was a Petty fan, I have to tell you that while I was happy to see him win a race, it wasn't exciting when he won by three laps.
Actually, I was on my way back from the Chicago Auto Show at the time, so I missed the truck race, but caught the highlights later on. Like I said, I'm all for safety and fair-play. But why can't they just keep the cars that they are using now and apply better safety to the current designs? Why do they need "tricked out" spoilers and a recessed front air dam with parts holding it on that look like could come off in a crash and put someone else's tire(s) or something else out (I'll be waiting for that one)? And wasn't the driver's section to be more toward the middle than the left side? The car that I saw at the show (a few posts above) looked the same as the current models at Daytona. "Drifting at 200 MPH," yea... real good idea.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
scrambler81 said:
How the heck did Dale Jarrett "sell out"? His contract was up, and his team at RYR has been having problems for the last few years. He got offered a better deal and new opportunities by Toyota. Tell me, you're unhappy in your job, nothing seems to go right anymore, and you're going to turn down a chance to go somewhere else where you might be better off? Who knows? It might turn out better for Yates as well. After 12 years together, maybe things needed to be shaken up a bit.
As for Waltrip and Toyota, did you really believe they wouldn't promote it? The worlds biggest carmaker is running NASCAR for the first time, and Michael Waltrip is their lead driver. Whether you like it or not, that is very big news in NASCAR land, and it will be all year.
I used to like and cheer for Jarrett even though he has not done anything good in a few years and I don't think it was a problem with the team, I think he's lost his edge. Then steps in Toyota with a huge paycheck and he "sells out" and will probably not be able to perform, but he's got those provisionals. That's all Toyota wanted him for, plain and simple. I would have done the same thing if I was Jarrett, don't get me wrong, but the rules changing every year has really gotten old. What used to be competition is all about money now. I hate the top 35 rule and I hate the chase. If you run consistent all year, you should be the champ. If you can't bring a better car than the next guy for qualifying, you shouldn't be in the race. If that disappoints a sponsor, too bad, the team should have performed better. That top 35 rule has ruined a lot of opportunities.

And NASCAR is not just promoting Toyota, they are talking about it constantly. I suspect Toyota is paying off NASCAR, too. Every show I have seen in the last 3 months has been well over 75% Toyota talk but there are 3 other brands. That's just overkill, plain and simple.

And Waltrip? He can only race two tracks, Talledega and Daytona. Darrell got all of the driving talent in that family.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Jarrett dont have ALL those provisionals now. Nascar changed the rules this year and the maxium of 6 champions provisionals is ALL he has now.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Wyatt said:
I used to like and cheer for Jarrett even though he has not done anything good in a few years and I don't think it was a problem with the team, I think he's lost his edge. Then steps in Toyota with a huge paycheck and he "sells out" and will probably not be able to perform, but he's got those provisionals. That's all Toyota wanted him for, plain and simple. I would have done the same thing if I was Jarrett, don't get me wrong, but the rules changing every year has really gotten old. What used to be competition is all about money now. I hate the top 35 rule and I hate the chase. If you run consistent all year, you should be the champ. If you can't bring a better car than the next guy for qualifying, you shouldn't be in the race. If that disappoints a sponsor, too bad, the team should have performed better. That top 35 rule has ruined a lot of opportunities.

And NASCAR is not just promoting Toyota, they are talking about it constantly. I suspect Toyota is paying off NASCAR, too. Every show I have seen in the last 3 months has been well over 75% Toyota talk but there are 3 other brands. That's just overkill, plain and simple.

And Waltrip? He can only race two tracks, Talledega and Daytona. Darrell got all of the driving talent in that family.
Now, most of that I agree with, especially the Waltrip part. :thumbsup: I was never crazy about the chase, but I could understand the reason behind it. But now, to add more cars, and screw with the points more, just really stinks. If last year's Cup had gone to anyone besides Johnson or Kenseth, it would have been a crime. No one else could even sniff their fumes all season long, but one slip could have put them out at the end? That just ain't right.
I've always been a Jarrett fan, but I have to admit, the last few years I thought maybe he should hang it up and go into the booth. However, the 38 car hasn't been any better than the 88, so I don't think we can lay all of Yates' problems at Jarrett's feet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts