Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pulling up to an AutoZone the other day when I parked next to an Olds Intrigue. As I got closer, I saw an emblem on the trunk lid that I hadn't seen on an Olds before. Got out and took a closer look, and it said: "Final 500". My gues is that this was one of the 500 last Oldsmobiles ever built. is that correct, Olds lovers?

If so, someone needs to get this car away from this lady. She's got a little piece of automotive history, and she's driving the wheels off of it. The car was literally splattered with bird droppings too. Very sad.

Couldn't find a pic of the badge on the 'net.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
maybe that 'Final 500' badge stands for something else Rich,
like perhaps that particular vehicle is on its last 500 miles before implosion?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CJTORINO said:
maybe that 'Final 500' badge stands for something else Rich,
like perhaps that particular vehicle is on its last 500 miles before implosion?
:p :p :p
Actually, other than being Pig Dirty, the car wasn't in bad shape; no dents or dings. This is right about the time that car should be saved. A year from now, it'll probably be past the point of no return.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thats the series JL needs to produce! (i know i've mentioned it a couple, few, ok ALOT).

For the last 5 cars that Oldsmobile produced (Alero, Intrigue, Bravada, Aurora, and Silhoutte) the last 500 cars they built had special badging on the outside of the car, along with a special seats that designated the car as being one of the "Final 500". It also had its own special paint color.

Not sure how many actually made it to the road, but i do know only 499 of each did at the most (the very last one of each model are now owned by different museums)

Also, mark your calander! April 29th, 2007 is the anniversary of Oldsmobiles final and last car produced which was an Alero and rolled out of the Lansing plant in 2004...

And to quote my sticker on the back of my toronado...

R.I.P. Oldsmobile
1897-2004
Shot In The Back

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
To this date, my most favorite car I've owned was an 88 Toronado. I just really liked it, till I got rear ended and it was totalled in 96.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My first legit car (in 1972) was a '65 Olds F85, four door, V6. Man, I loved that car. Lost it when a friend wiped out the whole front end drag racing though a local city and hit a pole. :cry:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Dadvball said:
My first legit car (in 1972) was a '65 Olds F85, four door, V6. Man, I loved that car. Lost it when a friend wiped out the whole front end drag racing though a local city and hit a pole. :cry:

That had to be rough on the pole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts