Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats... Seems the Green Card TH and Secret THs get pulled before they get pegged in my area as I have yet to spot one in the wild at any Walmart Target TRU Walgreen etc..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats... Seems the Green Card TH and Secret THs get pulled before they get pegged in my area as I have yet to spot one in the wild at any Walmart Target TRU Walgreen etc..
The genius behind eliminating the green stripe on the new hidden TH "chase cars" was supposedly [per Matty] to deter all but "true collectors" from finding them. LOL! :eek:
Seems that instead they succeeded in making this once quite unique series much less desirable to many collectors (including myself) with no other notable change.
Guess they thought that the "scalpers" among us were/are complete idiots.:confused:

Marketing at it's best...
...take a very successful idea and morph it 'till it's stone cold dead! LOL
Sorry for the rant. :hat:

·
Premium Member
9,251 Posts
Nice 1969 Camaro Secret Super Treasure Hunt Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I quess I need to pay more attention as I`ve left some of these since they weren`t mopars.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Seems that instead they succeeded in making this once quite unique series much less desirable to many collectors (including myself) with no other notable change.
I guess if you're a cardboard collector there is no notable change without that green stripe, but the car is still a TH as always. The draw for me are the RR's, green stripe or not.

If they'd just make the damn things all with RR's they'd sell every one!
Hear hear! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If they'd just make the damn things all with RR's they'd sell every one!
Tru Dat.... :p

I have always wondered what price point would it take a person to leave a TH behind if they were priced higher than the mainline cars at the retail stores.... Would a person pay $5 or $10 or $15 or higher to own a TH

Nostagia Cars crack me up as those cars used to be the mainline Cars with diecast chassis and now they been glorified with a nice sticker price.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Nostalgia Cars crack me up as those cars used to be the mainline Cars with diecast chassis and now they been glorified with a nice sticker price.
Talk about your Hot Ones. I've known those were a gimmick, but I actually bought one a while back because I liked it. Didn't know how much it was until I payed for it. $4 bucks! For essentially an 80's mainline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts