Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Something here just don't seem right,I can't put my finger on it,I just think it's a little strange that both the bidders that are at war here have 1 and 2 feedbacks and they happen to be from the same seller.

Maybe the house detective Hoosier Lightning should investigate a little to see if he can find any traces of foul play.
:cool:

·
Registered
269 Posts
That would be just stupid! To each his own. I can think of a lot better stuff for $500, even if I did have $$$$$$. I think I have some stuff to sell this guy. LOL

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
If either one of you guys is watching this I will sell mine for $500, e-mail me. Of course you will have to add shipping expenses with insurance.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I was considering bidding on this when it was still under $100.
I thought the box cutter info would keep the price down.
It does not seem likely that this car will join my collection.

Regards, DrDeal

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well i must say they have very nice and expensive taste! :) they also got alot more money than sense obviously!! :freak: I got some snakeoil ya think they'll buy that? :devil:

WLf

·
Registered
86 Posts
what the????????????????????

Man i thought i paid too much for wl's?

whats that saying.. Stupid is as stupid does..

im wondering if they are bidding it up and not playing on paying for it..

I had that happen to me on a th set..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
look's like the war is on ........... is this the new top dollar car ?

i got to say the high bidder must have some cash, they bought afew big dollar car's from me, with no problem's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19045&item=6928679907&rd=1

just go's as the market will take, but this is going over the wall, i think there going higher then this $500.00 number. there even pushing me out with that kind of money LOL :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
For $500 I would sell mine and pay for shipping... well, maybe

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
It's only two people. Once one wins it the other will be able to get it much cheaper.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Nuts

This is just nuts to pay that. I got mine for 3.99, and right now it is sitting on my desk here at work. Oh yeah, I can roll it across the desk.

Dave (Long live the WLLF) :wave:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Omega said:
This is just nuts to pay that. I got mine for 3.99, and right now it is sitting on my desk here at work. Oh yeah, I can roll it across the desk.

Dave (Long live the WLLF) :wave:

Hi Dave (Omega),
Can you roll $500.00 across your desk just as easy as that 3.99 car?

What sort of reaction is it that the many folks that (almost brag like) admit to after killing the cash cow (by opening thier valuable WL cars thus making them near worthless) might they expect?

Awe by some (here) no doubt, foolhearty by others...

That this auction has now gone to 500.00+, do you have any regrets? I'm curious.

Now be honest. :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
Peter,

I can answer only for myself.... I open them as I open all my stuff(with the exception of a certain red Custon Ferrari in BP - I have like 22 reds loose, why open it?) that I am going to keep. Cash Cow? well, maybe, but I buy and open for me... if I buy to sell then I don't open.. if I buy for me, then I open and don't really care what the market does..... it really isnt ALL about money you know. If times got really tight and I had to sell all my cars, would I wish they were all in BP and mint? Yes. Would I regret opening them so I could actually handle and enjoy them? Nope, sorry, life's too short.

Do I wish I had a couple of those Camaros - yes and moot point...... if I had them, yes... if they came in Sherry's order wouldn't matter, would it?

I keep a few cars hoping that someday they will appreciate, but not too many. I spent waaaay too many years killing myself trying to get all the "special" cars and the hobby lost the fun that I started out with. Now I just get what I get and enjoy those

Rob

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Hi Rob,
Yes, it sounds very well indeed. It is whatever makes you happy.
Be that as it may...

I can just as easy open the 3.99 Camaro with Flames "regular issue" just as easy and enjoy it (roll it across a desk) just as much as one with the white tires. As well I would also very much enjoy making an easy $500.00 bucks and simply pretend that my opened regular issue car is a WL.

White tires (and painted white base).

That is the only difference between 3.99 and 5 Ben Franklins.

White tires and painted white base.

What $496.00 extra will buy you these days...for some like dust in the wind...

:wave:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts