Hobbyist Forums banner

Nylon L2 Front End Parts

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BigClay 
#1 ·
I have an associated L2 that I got in a trade and would like to restore this car to it's original form. Associated does not have the white front end parts anymore. If anyone out there has any old white front end parts, they would like to get rid of or sell please email me SBrooks18@nc.rr.com.

Thank you,
ET

#2 ·
Complete L2 Front end

Et; do you mean the old style, white, Associated front end? The kind that were standard on the old pan cars? I saw one the other day. It's going to be a door prize for the first racer named ET who shows up for the big race at Thunder Road. Thanks; Ernie P. :cool:

#3 ·
Those older style white parts are not as strong as the newer black style. The parts are the same just made of a reinforced nylon material. I am assuming that it is the dynamic style front end that should have been on the L2 and up cars.

G
#7 · (Edited)
The older version came with the 12i and remained the same with the first 10L's and later changed with the LS (dynamic strut). I have several of each some in decent condition and maybe a few still in the bags. Associated started using the black (nylon/composite) material mid way with the 10Lss cars, with the L2 they were black.

#8 ·
The new stuff,imo,is way too brittle,wears out easily,and the area for the delrin balls is too tight,causing binding in the kingpin.The old,when they start showing a little wear,just drop them in the hot dye bucket again,cook for 5 min. and you're ready to go.Most racers i know beg and scrounge around for the old stuff,that's why i keep my 7 sets locked up!

G
#9 ·
Checked some info and manuals the 10L2 came with the black composite material for the front end - no white nylon. That's the only version I never owned but according to diagrams in manual I downloaded the chassis resembled the 10LSS but rear rod and t plate (symetrical) resemble the 10L3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.