Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

Jack Pierce styles Lon Chaney Jr., preparing for "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man."
...or this...

or even this...

:p:p
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Wolfie, maybe not - he and Jack Oierce really didn't get along very well, from what I've hear. Les Frankenstein (or Franken-Paul) I have my doubts. Ricou Browning doing what Frenchmen do best with Julia Adams' stand-in? Ooh la la!!

Maybe you need to keep looking around for ideas, mcdee. Like this one:
...a mummy to go with the Polar Lights Stooges!

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Idea...King Rootintootin in all his glory....
or maybe the Stooges MONSTERFIED!!!

or...
an animated kit

The possibilities are endless
Nyuk, nyuk,nyuk...
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Some cool ideas there Denis!
I'd buy a kit of Frankie with his Les Pul for sure. It'd be a cool conversion...

Chris.:)

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Maybe you need to keep looking around for ideas, mcdee. Like this one:
...a mummy to go with the Polar Lights Stooges!
The moment I found out Polar Lights was producing the Stooges kits I thought someone would surely produce that mummy figure to go with them. Still waiting... :(

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Cool pictures Denis, never saw those. I like the Creature, although I have to agree with Chris on the Frankie with guitar!!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
The more I look at Boris with the Gibson the more I'd love to see a kit of it!!
I never noticed the twin pick guards.... I'm not all that clued in on Gibson (I'm a Fender guy)- was that standard??

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The more I look at Boris with the Gibson the more I'd love to see a kit of it!!
I never noticed the twin pick guards.... I'm not all that clued in on Gibson (I'm a Fender guy)- was that standard??

The dual pickguards only came on the 'Lumbering Giant' Les Paul model. When Gibson put it out it was marketed to the followers of the band 'Monsters of Rock'. This bunch of fans were known to hurl things like rocks, beer bottles and torches at the band's members while they were on stage. The second pick guard was intended to deflect some of those objects and protect the guitar's finish. What Gibson didn't realize though was that it trapped drool underneath it causing the paint to peel. It was the most embarrassing chapter in the legendary instrument makers history and I thought everybody knew about it ...(Well I guess you did say you were a Fender guy)

Hope this helped clear things up a bit :wave:

Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I guess that ONLY members of the clubhouse can look at your link Mcdee!

Either way, I'm a Fender fan through and through, but I've owned some Gibson stuff over the years too. Right now I'm making a Gibson Les Paul custom for a friend of mine that wants a certain finish that was only available on the Robot guitar. I have the body cut out, I just need to get the wood for a neck now. As soon as I'm done with his, I'm going to make one for myself, but out of exotic woods as a one-off only.

~ Chris​

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry Chris, I thought everyone could read threads in other forums if not a member(just couldn'd participate)...
The gist of the CH thread is that the Wolfman Pierce kit is already in the works and the chair is going to be digitally sculpted and printed...no timeline yet but it will no doubt do well in Resin...
That guitar sounds sweet...any pictures?
Denis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts