Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another vehicle to fantasize about while stuck in traffic, be it on the highway or in the diecast aisle....

Yeah, big picture, big truck. F-650 SUV.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
that's just freakin scary.

One look at that leering mug coming up fast in my rearview mirror and i might just pee myself hurrying to get out of the way. And I drive a huge Roadmaster station wagon.

Looks like a Ford, and the name of the pic is F6502, which I assume is F-650, picture #2. Is that like a real concept vehicle or a photoshop creation?

--rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
that's just freakin scary.

One look at that leering mug coming up fast in my rearview mirror and i might just pee myself hurrying to get out of the way. And I drive a huge Roadmaster station wagon.

Looks like a Ford, and the name of the pic is F6502, which I assume is F-650, picture #2. Is that like a real concept vehicle or a photoshop creation?

--rick
I bet it's a photoshop rendering. Whoever did it missed a spot on the front wheel. Look at the wholes in the wheel and notice there's white in 2 or 3 of em. Oh, and no doorhandles. :D

Anyway, I can't see how this is labeled an 'SUV'. Looks more like they mixed a full size Ford van with an Excursion, then added a little "duelie" to the batch. Still pretty cool though. And do you actually think Ford would use those low-profile wheels on such a monster that, you would think, might go off-road every once in awhile. hmmm. Cetainly is different!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Oh my. Them is BIG.

So what exactly is it? It isn't sold by Ford that way, is it? Looks like someone took a crew cab dually from the windshield back and mounted it on a Ford semi chassis...

And that International thread... good Lord. I Googled "International CXT" and got International's product brochure. Under a picture of that thing they put the slogan "The Brilliance of Common Sense." The irony is perfect. :rolleyes:

though I gotta admit... they both kinda make me want to grunt like Tim Taylor and go outside to play with BIIIIG Tonka trucks...

--rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Rick, you mentioned Tonka trucks....remember about 2 yrs ago when Ford brought out that yellow Tonka Concept truck. I had cool Tonka-like tires too! These remind me of that.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Hope they improved the ride. Have you ever driven or rode in one of those tow trucks or service vehicles?? Those things ride and drive like a tank with no suspension.

From a design standpoint, those F650s are MUCH better looking hat that ugly International CXT. The CXT looks like a backyard welding project—slapping a Ford bed on a big truck. :rolleyes: The F650 is seamless. Ridiculous, but (grunt, grunt) cool! :)

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, it's real alright: chase down the URL on the photo to go to Cowboy Cadillacs...a seller of high-end custom tow rigs and that Ford F-650 SUV. It is custom, and not off the shelf, and I couldn't find a price. But, if I have to ask the price, I guess I can't afford it.

I think rigs like that have air-suspension seats up front. I know the CXT does.

The website says you have to pay an excise tax because the rig still qualifies as a Tractor, rather than a passenger vehicle.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Just because that company sells similar vehicles, doesn't mean that the one pictured is real. I believe what we're looking at is a computer generated image (CGI). In other words, a very fancy cartoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts