Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Now that's wierd...I can see it from my web browser...but when I re-link it ,it says it was pulled...

anyway...it was a nice bauer GT40 royal blue

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I have the white one with a red stripe... and it's very nice. I don't understand why ebay sellers just don't make the opening bid price the same as their reserve. I mean what's the point of making the starting bid less tham what you want for the car?

I'm going to guess that the car goes for somewhere around 70 bucks. I think the baby blue version is considered the most desireable of the set.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
if you make the starting bid what you really want it just gives fleabay more money in their pocket. thats why I have autoworld cars starting at .99 cents with buy it nows for what I really want.
go bid on them ;)

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I have all eight Bauers of them. List was $60 or $70. They do look very nice but they have a couple bad problems. The bodies and tires are not clearcoated. The decals come off very easily. Second problem is loose fitting bodies. One of mine will not hold a chassis at all. Another great idea poorly executed. Buy as shelf queens only.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah...I heard that long ago....they are for show only....one finger on a tire will ruin the white letters...

I'm also looking forward to the AW GT40...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts