Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 17.5 novak motors and one of them when u turn it it has 6 clogs to make one turn on the motor and the other one has 3 is one better then the other and why are they different any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had the same problem, also with a 17.5 SS, right out of the package and took the esc out with it first time it was run. Unfortunately, the motor had been hanging on the wall for 8 months and warranty had already run out. Stupid me.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
make sure the a b and c tabs do not touch or have solder going accross them.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
i have 2 17.5 novak motors and one of them when u turn it it has 6 clogs to make one turn on the motor and the other one has 3 is one better then the other and why are they different any info would be great thanks
Are you having a problem with either one of the motors? If so what is it?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i tryed the one with 3 clogs and it didnt want to turn hooked to the esc so i took the rotor out and put another in and it was fine and it had 6 clogs so its in the rotor

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i cant turn it on the shaft i have one from a freind that got his to hot and now it doesnt stay on the shaft

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Check to see if the rotor is turning (slipping) on the rotor shaft. This has happened in the past.
Yeah, i had one do that. It wouldnt happen when turning the motor by hand though. Alot more likely to do it when putting a load on it.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
i cant turn it on the shaft i have one from a freind that got his to hot and now it doesnt stay on the shaft
Overheating a motor significantly can melt the epoxy adhesive binding the magnet to the shaft. Any user, who has seriously overheated a BL motor (any mfgs' BL motor) should replace the rotor ASAP.

Overheating demagnetizes the rotor's magnetic material. In addition to not running properly, this bad rotor can damage your controller.

We have seen a lot of seriously damaged motors in the last year---enough for us to change our service policies. Improper use of adjustable esc timing can overheat the motor and melt some of the wire insulation: thus shorting out the windings.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Overheating a motor significantly can melt the epoxy adhesive binding the magnet to the shaft. Any user, who has seriously overheated a BL motor (any mfgs' BL motor) should replace the rotor ASAP.

Overheating demagnetizes the rotor's magnetic material. In addition to not running properly, this bad rotor can damage your controller.

We have seen a lot of seriously damaged motors in the last year---enough for us to change our service policies. Improper use of adjustable esc timing can overheat the motor and melt some of the wire insulation: thus shorting out the windings.
125 F is overheating? Can I send my 3 cogger back?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts