Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to brushless oval racing and i have a new gtb 6cell spectrum esc. I am running 17.5 1s and would like to know about setting my esc. I heard someone talking about the timing in the esc and cannot figure which profile that is. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
gtb's don't have timing adjustable features...

NOVAK will soon be releasing thier adjustable ESC. With the GTB you have to use your motor settings to get timing adjustments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was wondering then i turned the timing ring all the way up and i think it mabe more rpms but lost all of its torque.everthing i've read says mid timing for novak 17.5ss is the sweet spot

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Our Ballistic motors have almost limitless timing possibilities. We have posted a timing Tech Update (PDF) on the front of our website---right column.

We never officially encouraged users to change the timing on the Velociti/SS Pro Motors; after changing, it was difficult to return the timing to the correct factory pre-set.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Our Ballistic motors have almost limitless timing possibilities. We have posted a timing Tech Update (PDF) on the front of our website---right column.

We never officially encouraged users to change the timing on the Velociti/SS Pro Motors; after changing, it was difficult to return the timing to the correct factory pre-set.
when you say the correct factory pre-set, is this already set to best overall performance for the motor or just a point they are set at to make then as close to each other as possible?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I run my 4-cell with no drag brake and on profile 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts