Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats up? just wanted to get everyones opinions on the new 10.5 and older 4300 motors from novak. been hearing that 10.5 are slower but how if they how the upgrades, maybe its just in gearing. please help me out let me know what you think! thankz later

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I kind of asked the same thing in another thread...

The new PRO10.5 motor is rated at a higher WATT output, Sonny from the BRL says it's because it already comes w/ the bigger bearing and sintered rotor upgrade..and if you were to do the same with the ExSport 10.5 or the SS4300 (which are virtually the same motor) they too would have the same basic power output.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
kpoweredeg said:
hey guys whats up? just wanted to get everyones opinions on the new 10.5 and older 4300 motors from novak. been hearing that 10.5 are slower but how if they how the upgrades, maybe its just in gearing. please help me out let me know what you think! thankz later
I've had a couple of racers tell me they thought it was a tick slower. However Danny Bartholomew won the All-Star race and finished second at the BRL finals with the new 10.5 motor.

I ran mine once and thought it felt just like the older version. Lap times were also the same. As people get more test time with them I think they will find the performance level is equal.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yeah, I ran both my motors at a couple different track and they were within 1 sec of each other with the same rollout. My Pro 10.5 seems to like a little taller rollout. But if you ask anyone that knows about BL it seems every motor has a little different sweet spot. we're talking about .03 rollout here for max speed at a big race like the BRL finals.

One thing I noticed was the new motor seemed to run a little cooler and was stronger at the end of the runs more than some of my other competitors. But that just could have been gear choice and car set-up that was producing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts